@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Gracie replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 4 months ago
@Mariposa Hmmm. Did you try doing it through Instagram, or did you use one of the procedures above?
-
Gracie replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@GraceofSpades2017 😀 It took me over half an hour to get it on here. *glares at my impossible computer* But it was so worth it! XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@dragon-snapper Seems like the story writers had a great idea, but just didn’t execute it very well.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus probably because no one else was. XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@graciegirl Very well. I can certainly understand forgiving a story. I was really brutal with this one. I don’t know why.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Ah, there it is! Thx, @Daeus
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus *chokes* Got it. Point taken. I see what you’re saying. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes, you’re totally right, but it has nothing to do with yearning. *imagines himself staring attentively at a toad crossing the road*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus *smirks* Point taken.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@graciegirl 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Congratulations on connecting with the characters. I think if I could have connected with them earlier on, I probably could have liked them a lot more.
I’ll only argue on one point. Being hopeless and without a cause has nothing to do with whether a character has yearning. Because Harold. *nods sagely*
Ha! Ok, that’s really funny…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Oh, and did you notice that the Lies that began both Cassian’s and Jyn’s arc are both passive? For the theme’s sake that was necessary, as they were learning to stand up and do something in the name of hope. That was the whole point.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
*tips her hat to you for taking the unpopular opinion*
@Daeus all fair points. I can see what you’re saying, definitely, and in some measure I agree, but it didn’t prevent me connecting to the characters. I thought it was kind of the point that they were all hopeless rebels without a cause. Though I will admit I was intrigued by them more than I…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@graceofspades2017 Hehe. 🙂 Yes, that’s quite a bit of good input there.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @dragon-snapper @graciegirl @ethryndal
Ok, I’ve watched Rogue One. I liked it. I hope you’ll forgive me, but for me it was a bit of a mixed bag. I understand this is a dastardly statement, so I’ll try to explain myself.
For me, the movie was clearly divided into two sections. Pre going rogue and post going rogue.…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic *Insert interesting greeting here* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 4 months ago
@GraceofSpades2017 Okay, let me first say that I think you’re tag is super awesome. XD
And with that outta the way…welcome to the Kingdom! This place is amazing, and trust me, it only gets better the more you see of it.
I’ve actually never read the Hunger Games, but from what I hear, I think I would end up joining you and @Ethryndal in the…[Read more] -
Gracie's profile was updated 9 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 4 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper uhhhhh… uhhhhh… *gapes at you* Okay. *tries not to stare* Uhhhh… if you didn’t see it, no amount of my telling you what I saw will really do much good, but I suppose it won’t hurt to go through it just in case. 😛
First of all… Jyn’s arc. From ‘It’s [‘it’ being evil and oppression] not a problem if you don’t look up’ to ‘We…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 4 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper wow… you want the whole list?? 😛
Well, to sum it up, I love action movies with great plots, and I also adore movies with superb character and relationship development, and I’ll die for a movie with a dynamic, well-executed theme, but it’s so seldom I find even two of those in the same movie. Rogue One has all three. - Load More
