@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
@dragon-snapper I might have been called King Daeus once, but I can’t remember clearly. I know we called Josiah The Wiser a couple times. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
@emma-flournoy *bows low, stroking cliché mustache* Much appreciated.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
I was planning to write right about now, but then this came up, and, well…I’m not disappointed I stopped to read. May the clichés never end!
-
Gracie replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
@dragon-snapper Yay!! I’m so excited! *texts Mom to buy extra raspberries to eat while reading*
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
😀 *licks icecream*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Suggestions in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Ok, my top recommendations are these:
The Count of Monte Cristo — my all time favorite novel. It’s huge, but well worth every page. It’s historical fiction and high drama.
Cry The Beloved Country — The best explicitly Christian novel I’ve ever read. It’s very deep and very moving. It’s got heart for sure.
A Tale of Two Cities –…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic My Attempt in the forum Poetry 9 years, 3 months ago
Thoughts:
The imagery here is good.
First line: wakes works better than awakes.
“No longer free does flow” doesn’t flow well off the tongue.
“the earth had”: “the earth was” works better, I think.
“To warmer weather flee”: Took me a moment to figure out what that meant.
“through flowers flit”: I love the sound of that 🙂
The rythm wasn’t…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic My Attempt in the forum Poetry 9 years, 3 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien the first is beautiful and the second hilarious. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic My Brother Wants Y'all's Opinion in the forum Film 9 years, 3 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien what @Daeus said. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic My Brother Wants Y'all's Opinion in the forum Film 9 years, 3 months ago
@AnneofLothlorien what @Daeus said. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic My Brother Wants Y'all's Opinion in the forum Film 9 years, 3 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I don’t see anything to pick at, but there’s not much more than externals here. Here are my questions to get to the heart of the story.
1. What’s the girl’s inner longing? e.g. she wants her parents to be reunited.
2. What’s the girl’s story goal? e.g. get back to her parents. (it’s best if her longing and goal can be closely…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Anyone heard of ACFW or Wors Weavers? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Hmm. Somebody added me to their facebook group. That might be neat to attend. We’ll see.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Anyone heard of ACFW or Wors Weavers? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument Cool! I shall have to check these out.
(@aratrea You’ll have to add these to your list of potential partners.)
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Signing off. I edited half a chapter.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Brainstorming Zone in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 in general. I know I sort of left you hanging in the middle of a brainstorming session, and we were going to do that character exercise thing too, and I still want to do that. I just wanted to let you know I hadn’t disappeared off the face of the earth. ;P
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking I’m joining in.
-
Ingrid changed their profile picture 9 years, 3 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Brainstorming Zone in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I’m not ignoring you, I promise. 😛 Life got really busy. I’m helping my little brother sell some of his hand made walking sticks at a festival and also selling some jewelry I made, and making more, on top of every-day busy-ness with everything else our family does. Things should slow down by next week though.
Just fyi. 😉
-
Keleigha Liess replied to the topic Handout for Distribution Among Friends: Brainstorming Needed in the forum Stewards of the Pen 9 years, 3 months ago
Sounds like a good idea @bethany-sinky-roses. Small sounds best, ie. postcard size, I guess because I would be more likely to want to take something that doesn’t take up much room & has all its information compacted.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Signing off. I think I broke through the Outliner’s Block that has been ailing me. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow.
- Load More
