@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Daeus replied to the topic Style & Voice in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@delightinlife The first question is easier to answer than the second.
Voice is basically the “tone” you write in. It’s the types of details you include or don’t include, how many of them you include, how much you show or tell, what type of characters you write about, whether you lean towards sarcasm, cuteness, or morbidity, and many other…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic A KeePer Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield Will do! 😀 *salutes as well*
@Daeus *chokes on her ice cream as a line of raspberry soldiers marches past bedecked with bazookas* *frowns at ice cream* *checks expiration date* *looks up to find raspberry soldiers have disappeared* *shrugs* *goes back to eating ice cream*
(I don’t think I’ve ever used so many asterisks in one…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic A KeePer Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
*looks very strict* This new rule will be enforced by little tiny raspberry soldiers carrying bazookas.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 3 months ago
@Aratrea That FQ for The Little White Horse sounds much better, and fits the book perfectly. Same and with TCoMC.
Well, I’m definitely seeing a pattern with my answers here. It would seem I need to broaden my FQs.
I shall practice accordingly. 🙂 -
Gracie replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
*rushes in panting* Okay, I’m back! Zikers, that took a lot longer than I thought it would.
@Dragon-Snapper @DaughteroftheKingOh, woops. *grins sheepishly* Erm, bye! ;P
I’m still on for anyone else who may join later. 🙂
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Oh, I have to go real quick. Be back in 10-15!
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99
@Dragon-Snapper
@Daeus
@Winter-Rose
@Kate-Flournoy
@DelightinLife
@DaughteroftheKing
@Anyeone-everyone-etc.I will be on for a length of time yet to be determined (hopefully a long while). I’ll be working on some TM stuffs.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Brainstorming Zone in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 aha. My mistake. 😉
-
Gracie replied to the topic Brainstorming Zone in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 I like it! Now I really want to do something similar with a place in one of my stories…
-
Gracie replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus Oh my. Yes, I’ll be praying.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus that’s awful. I will definitely be praying.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
I just heard of a recent tragedy with a family here in Ohio. They’re a Christian family named the Stockdales. I don’t know them, but I’ve met them before. Anyway, one of their sons just killed his youngest brother and mother with a shotgun and then tried to take his own life. He’s in the hospital at the moment.
So, pray for them if you…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
Round of applause to this hilarious work.
-
Daeus replied to the topic How Do I Create A Fantastic Character? in the forum Characters 9 years, 3 months ago
@Emily-D Okay, great question, and a very big one.
I’ll try to cover it the best I can. First of all, I cover some techniques for crafting strong characters in my Jumpstart Your Novel, which is free for the time being, so I recommend you go ahead and sign up for that if you haven’t already. Even if you don’t have a lot of time, just go watch the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Brainstorming Zone in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 ooooh, I love it! Very nice. It could almost be a poem if you rearranged it. 😀
One thing— plot hole alert. If the Warden created the gene, how old is he for there to be really, really old people in the prison? Or were they not inheritors of the gene, but the first experiments?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How Do I Create A Fantastic Character? in the forum Characters 9 years, 3 months ago
@Emily-D wow… what an enormous question. 😛
Lemme take a stab at answering it coherently. First step, I would say, is figuring out the contradictions of your character.
For instance, everyone has something that they want. For the sake of conversation, let’s say I want pie. But then, everyone also has something that they need— and most of…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@winter-rost A name? That…is something I really need to work on. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
I had a lot of distractions, but I managed to edit 394 words, so, hey! Better than nothing.
(@winter-rose I’m editing my time travel story, and I don’t listen to music while a write unfortunately.)
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@dragon-snapper @winter-rose @that_writer_girl_99 I’m here.
- Load More
