@hanako
Active 1 year ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 171
-
-GRCR- posted an update 2 years, 11 months ago
NaNo update: 5,494 words as of current…. and 44,506 more words to type….
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
So in short, no I don’t think they need to exist for the relevant idea to be present.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I don’t care. You can do it.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I don’t know if it’s been talked about, but this is my understanding of it:
The shards are not the embodiment of the idea they represent, they are a piece of Adonalsium’s personality. Thus, the ideas exist separately from the shards. Basically, being the shard Honor, makes Honor care about that concept. That’s why the Knights…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Woops, sorry, that got posted to soon.
Anyways, as I was saying, I like it and you can tell Ami is good friends with Ev.
I don’t think you need an action opening, this introduces your characters nicely and captured me, which is what you want in a first chapter. From my gleaning of info on fist chapters, you want one, above all,…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I like it. At some parts it made me laugh, and you definitely portrayed a healthy family (something I never say no to in books) and with the part about the donut and Ev…I was thinking how I would like my crush to do that! XD
even though I’ve never had a donut before in my life, and am most likely allergic to it, I would eat it just…[Read more] -
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Would you like to do the honors of chewing out Nahim and Zahlin, if @highscribeofaetherium is okay with it?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Btw the Queen’s presence is needed cuz she’s what they have for a healer, that and the obvious…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Sorry it took so long, I didn’t know exactly what to write so whatever is there is what I’ve got.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Nahim
Zahlin grasped his hand and pulled him up.
“Peace of Honor.” Nahim wasn’t going to say that you were supposed to grab the wrist, bu t it bothered him inside. He hung his sword off his belt as Zahlin slumped against the wall breathing heavily, blood coming from a few wounds. That was when Nahim himself realized he…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I also forgot to mention, when he’s compressing/dilating time, his interactions with other objects are unpredictable, due to the nature of messing with spacetime. So that forces him to turn it off if he wants to guarantee a hit. Otherwise his attack might just phase through them.
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Ok! If you do wanna read the chapter, I posted it like two posts above this one.
Ooo, great!! I read it just now, and I don’t think it’s information-dumping at all!
Oh yeah, ok. That’s true. Sometimes I feel like there’s a lot of writers saying to have some kind of action in the first chapter, and others saying that you just need to sho…
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Ok I guess…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
He has to be careful to ration his Resonance. He has no idea how long he’ll be there, and get can’t get more. And if he runs out, he isn’t much of a threat.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
He seems rather OP lol.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Alright, here he is.
Lord VilsayorVilsayor is a nobleman and Crystal Binder from the planet Ildin. He is arrogant, condescending, cruel, and remorseless.
He’s fairly tall. Idk, let’s say 6’5”. His eyes…I’ll say…yellow. Why not? His hair is well groomed, black with gray in it, and he has a trimmed beard and mustache.
He wears a fancy navy bl…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Hold on…typing up RP’s now
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Zahlin
Zahlin slowly nodded and extended his hand to pull Nahim to his feet. “Peace of Honor.”
Now that his adrenaline was wearing off, pain flared in his various wounds. Zahlin slumped against the wall and slowly slid down to the ground, breathing heavily.
Footsteps pounded in the hallway. The door swung open.
***
Ok, this is taking too lon…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
how do you guys write them so fast? 😅
When I get in a mood, it’s like doing freestyle in a speedo as fast as you can. I also had to type out a lot of things last year and I decided to just get used to typing in this age of tech. Believe me it used to take two minutes per sentence!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Give me a few minutes to get my brain jogging…
- Load More

That’s great! You write fast!!!!!