@hanako
Active 1 year ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 171
-
Ruth replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I think the only things keeping me writing rn, are Nahim, it’s an escape for me, and that I JUST CAN’T STOP!!!!!
there’s a story about Fanny Crosby where she was banned from poetry in school, she wasn’t allowed to write it, but she just couldn’t stop. The principal took it as a sign she was destined to be a poet. And she was.
If I tried to stop…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
You almost killed me! I almost drowned on coffee while laughing! XD
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Kate
Kate had never ridden an elk before. She barely even knew how to ride a horse. She frowned down at the light gray creature beneath her.
You should name it, Bloodsong said. Maybe you’ll like it better then.
Kate ignored the sword.
Come on, said Bloodsong. Don’t be so glum! Give it a name. It’s so cute!
“Shut up,” muttered Kat…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
One thing about girls, is we get emotionally attached to thing we love really easily. I’ll go sob over the death of a charrie, and C is like…no emotion at all.
This is why men are placed with authority over women, they are equals, but still the man is the head of the house. Why? Because they aren’t usually emotionally driven.
Anyways, I often…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I think for most authors, their first project is usually not ready to be published. I don’t like that thought either, but if it doesn’t get published initially, you can revisit it later and rewrite it. I don’t think it’s worth thinking about that right now, just focus on improving your skills.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Microsoft Word or Google Docs?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I use Word mostly, except as @HighScribe said, for the docs we share. I agree with what other people are saying: Word is easier to use and has better formatting options, but Google Docs has some advantages, namely I find sharing documents easier on Docs.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Thank you so much, that means a lot.
I think that my current project has just grown on me a lot. I’m like emotionally attached to it, and I’m just afraid that if it never gets published then I will have wasted all these hours. I feel like if it doesn’t get published I’ll never be able to tell the message that God has put on my heart to…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic A New Beginning: A Marvel Fanfiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks!Â
I may have or may not have stayed up past my bedtime reading this topic -
Ruth replied to the topic Microsoft Word or Google Docs?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
@hybridlore
Plunk Google Docs in front of me and get a blank expression; plunk down Word, and get a smile.
I’ve used Word all my life and have only used Docs to share my book to those I don’t email.
I’m a Word girl forever!
It is easier to share a Docs, but I find formatting soooooo much easier personally with Word. There are writing apps…[Read more] -
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Nahim
This was like riding Leavar back home, though Leavar have less of barrels for stomachs. Oh! And elk don’t cover you in flammable slime! Nahim smiled, patting his elk and digging his fingers into it’s thick black and silver fur. He talked to it gently in Realn, the fair language rolling off his tongue with a heavy Nayhelmic accent.
He chose…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Conviction! XD
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Microsoft Word or Google Docs?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I’ve never used Google Docs before (or at least I can’t remember ever using it)… But I have used Word before. Actually, I used Word to type everything, back in the day. I don’t use it anymore… and I kinda don’t remember a lot about it. 😅
When I got an iPad and a Mac a few years ago, I started to do all of my typing on Pages. Aa…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Microsoft Word or Google Docs?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I use Word, but I use Google Docs for documents I share with my brother. I’ve always used Word, and I’m more comfortable navigating it, so that’s just what I use.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I wanna hear the rest of Conviction’s joke XD
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Ellis
They were finally on their way.
Ellis sat atop his dark elk, Shadowstep. He had never ridden an elk before, but he could ride a horse. How different could it be?
Ah, said Conviction. Doesn’t it feel good to get out of that cramped, ugly, smoky, charred palace and get on the road towards certain doom?
“Very optimistic,” said Ellis.
I k…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Perhaps. Idk about you guys, but Jonas and I have school. But maybe.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Alright, guys! Can we get to 300 pgs today!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
okay XD
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I’m also gonna mention it’s more Western style than English, so if I mess up and I say something that isn’t in Western, @savannah_grace2009 please correct me.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I would hold the saddle horn for a trot or canter though. You’re gonna all get peppered with horse stuf and riding terms, tips, and tricks. BTW, cantering is the best!
- Load More
