@hanako
Active 1 year ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 171
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Lost in a haunted mansion AU Roleplay in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Sorry, Dalton has been taken by the protection squad, where he will be supplied with copious amounts of tea and therapy.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Anyone want to critique my plot? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 9 months ago
I feel like the ending is very abrupt, almost. I know it’s meant to be a cliffhanger but it sort of feels like you cut the ending off. Then again, some books are like this so as long as there’s a second book I don’t think it’s a big problem.
I agree, the ending is abrupt, but I’m not sure how to make it any less so. It just kinda m…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Anyone want to critique my plot? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 9 months ago
I don’t have much to add, since I basically agree with Hybridlore and Jonas. Soo… yeah, other than the points mentioned, it looks good to me… 😄
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Anyone want to critique my plot? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 9 months ago
I agree with @hybridlore (although I only skimmed it), the end seems abrupt. It almost feels like you’re stopping before the climax and resolution. Otherwise, looks good!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
(his story is a salvation story… One that sometimes makes me cry).
I’ve never written something that makes me cry…But then again I don’t usually cry reading anything.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Lost in a haunted mansion AU Roleplay in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ah, yes, perfect! I just recalled my most tortured character! (I feel a bit guilty for not thinking of him earlier, considering how tortured he is XD)
Dalton Percaro (pronounced “Dal-tun Per-care-o. It’s an Arvendin name, so it isn’t pronounced the same as the English name Dalton.)
Dalton is around 17 years old, 5’ 10”ish, has brown eyes, and d…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
The reason his Heritage (that is what a Realn sir name is called) is spelled that way is because it was the name chosen by the first Nayhelm, who took on that name to symbolize him dropping his old life (his story is a salvation story… One that sometimes makes me cry).
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Weird. I’ve always pronounced it “Nay-him.” The only problem with that spelling is that it’s a bit inconsistent since you spell Nayhelm with a y. I especially notice it since they’re in the same name, but it’s fine, since it would be a different alphabet anyway. If you spelled it “Nahelm” it would look like it might be pronounced “Nah…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Though almost everyone pronounces it wrong when they see it spelled 🙄
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@jonas
Nayhim Alfred Nayhelm
Hmm… I like my decision too, especially for Jr:
Nayhim Alfred Nayhelm Junior-Alpha Grath -
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
“Nay-him” is a perfectly valid pronunciation since you’re not using Arabic linguistics. I agree that the y would look bad.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Awwwww, Riker smiled! And let her hold hands with him!
Nae
She grasped his warm hand, jittery with joy at them all going together.
“Which way are we going, and what are we looking for?”
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Actually, I googled Mandin, Nahim’s best friend’s name and got no results.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, but Ruee had already made up the pronunciation of the name, and decided she didn’t like the extra “y” when she wrote it out. And her spelling happened to be the same as the Arabic one… Fun fact: Nahim’s name used to be something akin to “Larin” back when he was a young charrie in a twelve-year-olds head.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
The asteroid belt in our solar system is also thought to be the remains of a planet, I think.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
From what I know of how Arabic languages sound, I would think it would be pronounced “Nah-heem” or something like that, rather than “Nay-him.”
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
You, not out. Idk how I did that.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
What I’ve learned is that pretty much anything out can imagine is a name in some language 😅
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
LOL! So true, so true. XD
- Load More
