@gretald
Active 8 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 450
-
Snapper replied to the topic My Take on Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
… After skimming over this, I’m beginning to think that cliches are just paradoxes.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Beginners' Tips For Writing Science Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Thanks for putting this together!
“The literature of the human species encountering change.” I see why this caught your eye. I never considered Sci-Fi that way. Really, I always thought it was a fiction of technology and extraordinary things. Star wars kind of thing, if you know what I mean. 😛
But certainly, just writing s…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 3 months ago
@hope @kate-flournoy @jess @bluejay @christi-eaton Did anyone else see that they’re making a Ranger’s Apprentice movie?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic My Take on Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya I know. 😛 One tiny bit over the limit and my brain is guaranteed to be fried for the rest of the day. XD
Hey, it’s all good. It wasn’t irritating; or if it was I didn’t notice. I’m not thin-skinned enough to be irritated by other people’s strongly stated opinions. 😉 Perhaps I should be more sensible of that… 😛
Share it with us…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 3 months ago
@aratrea I’m looking to understand theme better and how to apply it well to my story. This has been my biggest problem in writing, and I could never understand how to do it well even after reading post after post on it, although I could usually spot it easily in books I read. So I’m very excited about getting started!
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 3 months ago
@aratrea I’m looking to understand theme better and how to apply it well to my story. This has been my biggest problem in writing, and I could never understand how to do it well even after reading post after post on it, even though I could usually spot it easily in books I read. So I’m very excited about getting started!
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Beginners' Tips For Writing Science Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Some Christian sci-fi books I can personally recommend are The Robot Wars series by Sigmund Brouwer, and Cloak of the Light by Chuck Black.
I don’t really have any tips that I can think of, @emily-d …
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 4 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper what @FeedingMyGoldfish said. 😀
I’m afraid I know next to nothing about singing at all— I just love to do it and so I do, and I’ve learned along the way. I did look up a few tutorials on breath control starting out, but otherwise it’s all just been trial and error— and practice. *evil smile*
I guess if I had one piece of…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 4 months ago
@clairec @feedingmygoldfish @kate-flournoy @all the singers
Hi guys! So, I’m trying to teach myself to sing. Do you guys know where I should start? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic My Take on Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya my apologies. 😉 I was also operating on a low battery when I wrote that, so it’s probably not as clear as it could have been.
You got it though. And you’re right, I didn’t realize that was what you’re saying, and if that’s the case there’s no debate, because I totally agree. 😛 -
Daeus replied to the topic A True Story in the forum Non-Fiction 9 years, 4 months ago
Woah, guess this forum thing likes me.
-
Daeus replied to the topic A True Story in the forum Non-Fiction 9 years, 4 months ago
@graciegirl Ha! Yes, exactly what I was thinking. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic A True Story in the forum Non-Fiction 9 years, 4 months ago
@graciegirl Ha! Yes, exactly what I was thinking. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic A True Story in the forum Non-Fiction 9 years, 4 months ago
@graciegirl Yes, I think it helped me see my insignificance and… at the same time my significance, if that makes sense.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic My Take on Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya I couldn’t disagree more. Excuse me. *slightly embarrassed cough*
That is, the article is well written and makes some really good points in support of it’s perspective.
It’s just the perspective I disagree with.The article is perfect if story material is to be derived only from studying other stories, and if the only test of a…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Recommendations Requested in the forum Poetry 9 years, 4 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien You should read some poems by Longfellow.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Word-sharing! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@graceofspades2017 The word is “drone”
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Recommendations Requested in the forum Poetry 9 years, 4 months ago
Thank you @aratrea @jess @daeus @emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy @other ones I forgot.
I read To A Mouse, The Lady of Shallott, The Wreck of the Hesperaus, the Highwayman… the ones I could get easily. The more obscure ones I’ll find soon.
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Interesting fantasy creatures? in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 4 months ago
Fauns? Or Satyrs, if you like the Greek version better.
-
Keleigha Liess and
Corissa Maiden of Praise are now friends 9 years, 4 months ago - Load More
