@godlyfantasy12
Active 3 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6750
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh yeah, that’s something I easily forget about. Thanks for reminding me! I’ll definitely keep that in mind as I write and edit. 😊
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Huh, I’ve never really thought of it that way before, but I think that’s the aspect of their relationship that I play off of in the second book to create more conflict. Man, I am going to be pondering over this all day. XD
XD glad I could make you think! It might be a good source of conflict for book 2, but I think it would be great if…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Alrighty! Here we go!
1. Is it boring?? I’ve been really scared that this doesn’t draw you in and isn’t interesting.
Um, I wouldn’t say it’s boring. I think the pacing is pretty good. Honestly, boring is so subjective, so no, it’s not boring. Because I don’t mind things moving a little slower at the beginning. Some people m…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yep!
Awesome!
Ev is obviously pretty reckless. He doesn’t seem to care about getting into danger, and I’m not really sure to describe his personality but he seems playful?
And Ami is sweet and responsible. She really cares about Ev and wants to protect him.
I think you just nailed them both in a few sentences. XD That’s exactly what…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I may answer all your questions later, but for now, I am drawn into the story.
Alrighty, awesome! 👍
I see potential for this story to be better if you had at least one chapter before this that introduced us to daily life with the Orb. It would drawn me in more, and make us care about Ev and Ami more than just plopping them and the plot in our…
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thank you so much Esther! I’ve been doubting my writing recently and really comparing myself to others, so it makes me happy you like it. I started writing in present tense as soon as I started writing, so after the initial hurdle (it was hard lol, I kept using said) it’s been pretty natural, because I don’t know how write…
-
Esther replied to the topic Break the Record!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’m EST, so rn, 5 is a hit or miss for me. But I’ll try my best to show up.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 9 months ago
Well PppppPpPfffffffffff
Goodness
I’m just trying to protEct the babies; what if you were going to traumatize them with some tragic events? Now they’ll be stuck safely in KP limbo forever.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
XD Sorrryyyyy
Hugo
“I wish. Unfortunately my baby brother? Seb? He was the second to discover how people change. It depends on your long-term mental state, not whatever you want. And most of the time, these changes slowly intensify your worst beliefs… To use his words.”
They stood still now. Hugo hooked his thumbs in his…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Hugo
Realn sounded like a fairy story.
“…Here I am talking so much! What of your culture?” Nar laughed, her curls thrown around her face, like a windswept flower.
She looked like a fairy too. Just a little.
“My culture?” Hugo blinked, and hesitated. “Um… let’s see.”
Nar probably thought he was looking for words. She stared up at him…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Aw me too! That was so funny XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh my goodness, congratulations!! That’s so exciting!!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
1. Is it boring?? I’ve been really scared that this doesn’t draw you in and isn’t interesting.
Nope!
2. Is Sef relatable? Can you really feel her and does she become real in your mind?
Yes, she’s definitely relatable!
3. Was there anywhere that you were confused?
Hmm, I don’t think so, since I’ve read most of to before, but I d…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@esther-c Wow! I really like it so far! It pulls you in really well, and I like the cliffhanger type chapter endings. I’ll try to answer the questions!
1. Were you drawn into the story right away?
Yep!
2. What are your first impressions of these characters? (Specifically the MCs. I know some of y’all already know these charries, but just p…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 9 months ago
I’m still not getting notified when you tag me 😭
anyways they looks super cute together!
Wow those hands look amazing!!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
1. Is it boring?? I’ve been really scared that this doesn’t draw you in and isn’t interesting.
Nope! Super intriguing!
2. Is Sef relatable? Can you really feel her and does she become real in your mind?
Very relatable!
3. Was there anywhere that you were confused?
At the end. I don’t think pregnancy is enough to make so…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for giving specific question, it really helps!
Answering as if I’ve never heard your writing before XD
1. Were you drawn into the story right away?
I was confused as to why the story had so much action before a exposition. It felt like information overload on many things, and I couldn’t tell what was important. Should, I think…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Woah!! I’m so proud of you!! Good luck on your edits! 💖💖🎉🎉
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Wait, what’s this about you writing your epilogue?! Did you finish something big?
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thank you so much Esther! I’ve been doubting my writing recently and really comparing myself to others, so it makes me happy you like it. I started writing in present tense as soon as I started writing, so after the initial hurdle (it was hard lol, I kept using said) it’s been pretty natural, because I don’t know how write any other…[Read more]
- Load More
