-
Snapper replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@write-fury
Hiya! I’m one of those newer people. I haven’t been on here for six months, but I didn’t just hatch. So I’m that place in between where I’m neither fossil nor egg. I’m a young dragon, looking to make my way as a writer. Some people find it impossible for dragons to write, but @kate-flournoy and I manage it pretty well. Don’t worry,…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic College in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@gretald No, I haven’t. Okay, I just checked and it looks pretty cool. Thanks! I’ll look more into it. 🙂
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
Ooooo. I like this discussion.
@dragon-snapper @anne-of-lothlorien I love the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack! The only bad thing is that I get so into the music while I’m writing that I hear the words of the movie in my head 😛
@anne-of-lothlorien Do you know if the Beyond the Mask soundtrack is available on YouTube? I searched it but didn’t…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Wow, that novel sounds intriguing 🙂 Oh my goodness. 60,000 words…
I used NaNoWriMo as an excuse to actually start [and hopefully finish] my novel. I’ve rolled this portal fantasy idea around in my head for several years, actually writing a novel with 7 MCs … I realized it was horrible and put it on the shelf to use the…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose I might be eating dinner soon, but I’ll join for a few minutes.
-
Snapper started the topic How Would One Write a Screenplay, Exactly? in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
I’m calling anyone who’s tried or has written scripts before. I’d like to try to write one, but I have no foundation. Would someone please give me any advice, tips and maybe an example of a script to get me going?
Thanks!
-Dragon Snapper-
@kate-flournoy @daeus @rolena-hatfield @Julia-r @corissa-maiden-of-praise @anne-of-lothlorien @bluejay @winte…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 10 months ago
First of all, thank you to all you staff who are so passionate about spreading the Gospel through literature that you help us in our writing journeys, too. You guys are the best!
Second, I love this idea. I’d probably be an 6, though, because I’d most likely not be able to attend the live webinars due to the time zone I live in. So some things I…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 10 months ago
First of all, thank you to all you staff who are so passionate about spreading the Gospel through literature that you help us in our writing journeys, too. You guys are the best!
Second, I love this idea. I’d probably be an 6, though, because I’d most likely not be able to attend the live webinars due to the time zone I live in. So some things I…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise CHA-CHING!
So, who else besides me, (this topic has taught me that I’m probably not the only one) reads, writes and thinks of everything as a movie. My books are movies, my writing are movies–which is one reason I have to have the perfect song for each scene–and when I imagine myself doing stuff, it’s a movie. And of…[Read more]
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Oh my goodness. As I was reading your post (fellow ENFP here), I kept going, “Yes… yess… double yes…” I talk to things, a lot of times my reflection (which can get super creepy). Yesss! The multi tasking. I love to do other things at the same time if one activity doesn’t engage my full attention. Yes, the artsiness.…[Read more]
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Oh my goodness. As I was reading your post (fellow ENFP here), I kept going, “Yes… yess… double yes…” I talk to things, a lot of times my reflection (which can get super creepy). Yesss! The multi tasking. I love to do other things at the same time if one activity doesn’t engage my full attention. Yes, the artsiness.…[Read more]
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Oh my goodness. As I was reading your post (fellow ENFP here), I kept going, “Yes… yess… double yes…” I talk to things, a lot of times my reflection (which can get super creepy). Yesss! The multi tasking. I love to do other things at the same time if one activity doesn’t engage my full attention. Yes, the artsiness.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien VEGGIETALES!!! I got the reference to Larry the Cucumber. However, which episode is it from?
-
Snapper replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Agreed. No NANOWRIMO I’ll probably be doing one next summer, and hey, maybe we could both do it so we’re not alone?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Well, I don’t hate it, but it is not an option for me. I can’t do webinars, and as discussed in the Mind of a Writer, I hardly talk about my books. The Forum that exists is pretty much as far as I can go.
So, we wouldn’t have to do this thing, right? And also, the forum would remain the same? -
Snapper replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Well, I don’t hate it, but it is not an option for me. I can’t do webinars, and as discussed in the Mind of a Writer, I hardly talk about my books. The Forum that exists is pretty much as far as I can go.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus So glad you agree.
The criticism is probably going to be the worst part of writing for you and me, then. I take pain when people don’t like something. Of course, I could never let anyone know that, because then it would be a weakness to me. Can’t. Show. Them. Anything. -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus I hardly share my writing with anyone either. It must be an ENFJ thing. I mean, there are a few people, but I don’t like sharing it. I tend to be very paranoid in that way. You probably won’t hear much about my books on here. Sorry guys.
And I agree with pretty much everything you said about being introvertish. I’m right even if what I’m…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise @kate-flournoy Oh my goodness. I play out most things in my head, but fight scenes are just too good to resist… even if my mom walks in and thinks I’m crazy… I only have a wooden knife and no access to other weapons, so my imagination helps. I call it method writing XD.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise That sounds fun. I…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise @kate-flournoy Oh my goodness. I play out most things in my head, but fight scenes are just too good to resist… even if my mom walks in and thinks I’m crazy… I only have a wooden knife and no access to other weapons, so my imagination helps. I call it method writing XD.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise That sounds fun. I…[Read more] - Load More
