-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Ah, yes! I know what you mean now. At first I thought you meant a writerly cramp we get in our heads when we write too much or something weird like that. Which goes to prove my confusion “How are stress balls and hand exercises going to help us?” I understand a lot better now, thanks!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy One thing I want to ask… what is writer’s cramp in the 1st place?
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Good Joust in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Have you ever seen The Sword in the Stone? It’s not entirely about jousting, but it has a scene or two with it. I know that squires keep all of the Knight’s items and anything they need. When a knight is dismounted, they move onto sword-fighting. That’s really all I know… Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Good Joust in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Have you ever seen The Sword in the Stone? I know that squires keep all of the Knight’s items and anything they need. When a knight is dismounted, they move onto sword-fighting. That’s really all I know… Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien @jess Oh, I really liked Ever After! Especially with Leonardo. He was great comic relief.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
What do you all do when you get a new story idea? Or an addition to your story that you think will be awesome! Do you sit at your computer for endless hours, or do you brainstorm on it? Do you jump up and down and shout it on the mountaintops (by that, I mean, tell your siblings how awesome it will be) or do you sit quietly and do an evil chuckle…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@the-bean Pretty much. They were all horrified. I’m lucky I have fire-proof scales.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@the-bean Well, actually, I am a dragon myself. I don’t snap the dragons…It’s a long story (sort of) that will remain under wraps. And either way, I can’t get close enough to the other dragons. They don’t like me for turning to the writing side of things. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I wrote about a page of notes and found out some interesting things about climate. 😀 Research.
@the-bean @hope I’m still going if either of you are. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy @the-bean @hope I’ll join you.
p.s. I’m researching and story planning, as well as brainstorming, not exactly writing yet. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ah, those are stress balls.
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal I like to do that sometimes (though usually on purpose). If I’ve had a rough day, I’m going to write a tenser part in my story because I’m actually feeling something very close to what my character is feeling in the scene. (Does that make sense?) Or I’ll make my sarcastic character say the things I can’t get away with ;)…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose @hope @overcomer @daeus @kate-flournoy @aella @jess @anyone else
Writing tonight? -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Check out this link on 3rd person… it really sums it all up well: https://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/third-person-pov/
Hope that helps! 🙂 -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Post Your Writing Dare Results Here! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@hannah-krynicki Here is the one I wrote from your dare about from the perspective of a computer when an author kills off a character. 😀
Tap. Tap. Tap.
Her fingers pound down on me as ideas pound into her brain.
I don’t mind, though.
It’s what I was made for.
I look at her as the words appear on me.
Such painful words.
Death.
A tear esc…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Post Your Writing Dare Results Here! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@hannah-krynicki Here is the one I wrote from your dare about from the perspective of a computer when an author kills off a character. 😀
Tap. Tap. Tap.
Her fingers pound down on me as ideas pound into her brain.
I don’t mind, though.
It’s what I was made for.
I look at her as the words appear on me.
Such painful words.
Death.
A tear esc…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Post Your Writing Dare Results Here! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
So I did a few writing dares… like, 4. So I think I’ll post them in a few different posts.
@dragon-snapper Here is what came to mind about a dog who only eats lemon chicken and drinks sweet tea.“You’re unbelievable, you know that?”
Of course I know that. I delight in it.
My human glares down at me, as if he knows what I’m thinking.
I smile u…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes! I mean, my parents disciplined me a lot, and look how I turned out xD jk
@emma-flournoy You’re right. Adults and older kids do that too. We’re just better at hiding it 😉 -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Man, there’s some really good advice here. *takes notes*
@anne-of-lothlorien I’m the youngest, so I don’t have any little siblings, but I have some young cousins and close young friends who are practically family.I agree with what everyone else has said. Little kids are bundles of energy and love. Their minds are more underdeveloped, so they see…[Read more]
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic I Wrote This in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien This is so good. I love it! Such a good reminder. I really wish we could hear you sing it now 🙂
I actually had a phase two years ago in which songs were all I wrote 😛 They were horrible though, some with a bit of mixed up theology, some what I called “rap” or “spoken word” (still awful), and some just poems I called songs…[Read more] - Load More
