@folith-feolin
Active 2 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 311
-
whaley replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@theshadow @anyone
~ Mentions of several sensitive topics all at once, sensitive people should not read ~
I really want to give an example of a too-dark story idea so Shadow doesn’t feel too bad about the atomic bomb idea.
I know a girl who is writing a fanfic love story. In it, the guy gets sent to war before making a proposal. Many of his…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
This is still a serious topic though, I agree with you. I’ve seen darker on this website from a graphic perspective. Not to attack Godly, but she once posted a roleplay with a rather disgusting abuse description. I had to skip over it for my little sisters.
The abuse topic is strange to me. I feel almost numb to it because we’ve talked…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
I didn’t mind that new revelation because it was barely mentioned. It goes right over a little kid’s head. And a Pythonos/Payne baby is an interesting challenge.
But I understand @keilah-h because the age at which you learned about these things makes a difference. If a teen writer is new to real-world dark stuff, they like to…[Read more]
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
I wouldn’t mind helping if you need it! Though I’ve never written out a full blurb before
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
That’s sooo awesome!! I love the art!! I’d recommend softening the word color though, the black is a really sharp contrast with the pale cover, but I think it’s amazing!
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Do You Use Fantasy Maps? in the forum Fantasy 2 years, 3 months ago
I think it should be done however enhances your reading experience, but I prefer to look at the map for a while appreciate the art a little, then hope it will help my mental geography during the book but really knowing that when I look back at it later I was completely off…
😂😅
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
So pretty!! I love the soft shimmery feel of your cover.
My only critique on the cover is that the words feel a little crowded and off balance, like they were shoved into the top of the picture. I might move your name to the bottom of the page, enlarge the words, and drop them down a little bit. Maybe even flip one or both of…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Sure! I love book coversÂ
and might be constantly redesigning my working covers to a point that it’s probably bad for my health.XDBlurb away!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do You Use Fantasy Maps? in the forum Fantasy 2 years, 3 months ago
I tend to study a map after or during the first book, and then I will reference it again if ai gets confused with the author’s directions. However, I tend to modify maps in my head to fit my own impression of the fantasy world, so after the third or so book I rarely if ever look at the map.
-
whaley replied to the topic Character doodles in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
You’re up next, girl! I’m not sure which of your charries to choose XD Is any particular charrie sticking in your head right now? Or just any fictional character in general?
-
whaley replied to the topic Character doodles in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
Hope you like her!! I wasn’t sure what tone of tan her skin was. Regardless, I love her name and vibe.

-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Oof lol, I missed hard with the Riker ideas. 😂 So you’re sticking with the same internal ideas throughout all three books? Is there, like, a clear turning point at the end of the first book, so you know where to move forward? I’d guess you included some revelation/change with both guys, so you could start there. Then make a…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Congrats, the cover looks so cool!!! Writing a whole book is crazy committed✨🤩
Oh lol I can give you some ideas!! Plot is always hard 😝
They might not be along the lines of what your goals are, but just some thoughts. External conflict doesn’t have to be super action-y, it just has to be a character taking…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character doodles in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Character doodles in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
Oki I have a doodle for you! I enjoyed practicing line hardness, since that’s a weakness of mine. So your charries helped 🤣

-
whaley replied to the topic Character doodles in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
@freed-and-redeemed @grcr
Thx for the kind words! 🥰 You are on the hold list lol
YAAYyYy haha he does look like a doll 🤣🤣 Glad I could make you happy!! ❤️
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character doodles in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Character doodles in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
You can give me a description now!
-
whaley replied to the topic Character doodles in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
You’re good!! Ellette will go first and I’ll get to your soon after; Noa sounds super cute and spunky 😛
Awesome! Those are cute, are they from your WIP?
Yes ma’am, the guy is Marcel and the girl is Enid, his self-proclaimed gremlin bestie.
-
whaley replied to the topic Character doodles in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
Here’s your boy! He was fun to draw, and I especially liked his explorer vibes 🙂 Hope you like it!!

- Load More
