@folith-feolin
Active 2 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 311
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
I like it! 😊 It looks familiar but I can’t remember what I’m thinking of
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Why can’t a woman fight for a man? Not out of *superiority* (snotbagishness), but out of love for a fellow bearer of the image of God (aka human)?
*Nods in agreement* But to take it further, are there other reasons for a man or woman to act outside of those norms?
Now let me go get that charger before I disappear…
*Taps the screen* You ali…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@whalekeeper @loopylin @ellette-giselle
*Peeks through cracked door*
Totally following y’all over here from the Castle…
So, ai didn’t read through everything above spoken (because my phone is rapidly loosing it’s life, and I’d have to go get my charger to revive it…) but here’s a few thoughts:
Why can’t a woman fight for a man? Not out of…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I have a female protagonist, Barnes, and she is a huge leader and fighter. There is a huuuuuge maternal dominance in the story, and the main protagonist would not exist otherwise. Because Barnes is not misusing her power and she has good reason to be a more physically dominant being, I don’t think she is a bad person. She’s largely a victim of…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle @theshadow @loopylin
Thanks for the thoughts!
N u a n c e, lol.
I truly wish there was some way to objectively judge every action. It seems like everything depends on the spiritual aspect rather than the physical, but I’ve learned to find it comforting.
God…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Write to bring me pain. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I starting drawing him digitally, but something about the pen saturation ruined it :'( I was sad. I’m going to traditionally draw him soon.
I’ve worked on the planks though. ;P
-
whaley replied to the topic Write to bring me pain. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Tlc & mcu crossover fic in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
This Smiley ramble was completely out of the blue, and I could not stop cackling 🤣<3
I will have to read The Lunar Chronicles, I keep hearing good things about it.
Whaley great job with the working out, but seriously girl!! ake sure you’re drinking water!!! *does an evil glare to everyone who’s posted writing on there*
I have been drinking, I pro…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I like writing guys best too. lol.
Yes, a group of misfit dudes is so good. It’s like, the comfort food of fiction. 🥹
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
uhh barely
😭😭😭
Jkjk
Min I’m so sorry I haven’t been active at all lately, I went on a trip with my family a few weeks ago out to Idaho and it was soooo fun but now I’m trying to catch up with all the school I missed lol 😭😭 I’ve missed you so much!! How are you doing?
Pls don’t ever apologize! I’m just happy t…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
That’s an extremely blatant example. I’m more interested in the possible nuances. But it gets the point across.
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I’m moving a discussion I started into this thread. It’s kind of related.
Basically, how far are you willing to disregard gender norms in stories, specifically tropes? For an extreme example, switching a “damsel in distress” for a “man in distress.”
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Oh okay, I’ll take it to another thread. Lemme figure it out.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
😠 Yeah you better run
XD jkjk
I know you said you like Gimli more in the movies which is totally fine. I like almost all the characters from the books the same as I like them in the movies. Exception being Faramir because book Faramir was a totally different person.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Even if I don’t use it here, my favorite trope is just a bunch of guys being an unlikely team. Which Keilah probably agrees with. 😂
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I think “damsel in distress” can very easily be messed up because it automatically takes away the damsel’s agency in the situation, usually speaking. But I would love to see situations where it isn’t so biased towards the damsel’s savior – like maybe the damsel holds the emotional weight of the story in her hands, to…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@calyhuge @loopylin @keilah-h @ellette-giselle
Leo
He shifted Quincy higher on his shoulder. The kid sighed, tucking his fluffy blonde head against Leo’s neck. It looked like Quincy wasn’t waking up anytime soon.
“I’m Leo. I work here.” He smiled at Kate and Brian. “And this little monkey is Quincy, my kid brother.” Or at least, that’s what the…[Read more]
-
whaley's profile was updated 2 years ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
Aaiii! Save us, it’s a film lover!
*Strangled gasp of horror*
😈 I am evil incarnate.
Part of me really wants to see the movies, since they are touted as being so accurate and fantastic, while another part of me clenches my mental images close and growls protectively. It’s how I am with every book I read, (especially Narnia, heh…
-
whaley replied to the topic Write to bring me pain. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
You have pulled me from the pit of despair, only to yeet me back inside.
I must continue. I must. (I haven’t finished everything owed yet.)
- Load More
