@folith-feolin
Active 2 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 311
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Coraline! It’s a classic children’s horror story. The book reads like a fairy tale, and I could gush about the movie for a long time, but I won’t. XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I was told the writing style wasn’t great either.
It’s crass, in a funny way. XD I’ve only read the first book.
Have you read the original Rapunzel? Like, the 100 page narrative? Old, old, old.
I don’t think so. Then again, I know a lot of variations, so I’ve probably read an abridged version at some point.
I’ve nev…
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Here ya go
Marcel
Marcel meandered through the morning rush, stuffing his satchel shut and tucking his wings in for less drag.
Since yesterday, he had kept an eye out for the youngest students. The low staff wasn’t helping anything, and there was no way a kid was going to be kidnapped again.
In a matter of hours, the kindergarteners…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh, and Tangled is better than the original tale. I feel like that doesn’t count, because the fairy tales are so short and not-detailed by nature.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Never read the HTYD books because someone told me not to and just stick with the movies.
Haha, I know why. Some of the differences are night and day. Toothless is tiny and green, Fishlegs is thin… Makes me laugh to even think about it.
Oh, War Horse reminds me of another one! 101 Dalmatians is better than the book in some ways.…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Ha, your drawing illustrated the confrontation quite well. :] I like the subtle coloring for Sniper’s tail and legs.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Wait… you posted in the spring channel here, I think. Are you joining KDWC?
Oh yeeaah, I did. Okay, makes more sense that you knew. 🤣 Yep, I signed up! I think I’m in Brookside Stories?
Lolol! Yeah, senior year is kind of crazy.
All of the kids are really smart and empathetic, but that also means they know exactly how to make each o…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@keilah-h @theducktator @the_lost-journal
How To Train Your Dragon, Coraline, Fantastic Mr. Fox, and maybe Dune are all better than the books.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
The only problem is, I’ll have to figure out where that belongs in Cole’s character arc, since the timing on that is a little uncertain. I’m planning for this to be a duology, so that might be a great idea for the second book. I’ll just have to spend some time figuring out when I want to repair their relationship.
Ah, so you want th…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh, this is unrelated, but by the way, how is Challenge 4 going? What are you planning to do for your senior thesis? (I saw you were sprinting to work on it.)
You’ve seen that already? I haven’t figured out how to make a slack account yet. 😂
4 is going well! Classmates have been a little emotional, though. The first day this year, one…[Read more]
-
Otherworldly Historian replied to the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
I think for me, the most obvious way I can think of that one of my hobbies has bled into my writing life is my Boardgaming hobby. In my main WIP the political mastermind character is also a really big tabletop gamer and uses that as a metaphor for his political machinations.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
*Splutter of laughter*
Fish person? How is Syph like a fish person, pray tell?
Syph
So he didn’t have to “get a girl”, whatever that meant. He turned to give Ellie a grateful smile before shifting narrowed eyes to the Rax Boy.
What was that supposed to mean? A good natured challenge, or a patronizing ‘let the Little…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Awesome!! Sorry I stopped tagging you, I didn’t know if you were still reading.
I’m sorry I didn’t read sooner. XD I seem to have the unfortunate tendency of promising my feedback on multiple manuscripts. Nevertheless, I am here.
Making the world relatable was one of my big focuses, because I didn’t want it to just be this unr…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Syph
He had to what? He blinked at Eddie. A dark blue flush crept up his neck. Water droplets appeared and disappeared in the air around him.
“Oh. Guppies. For a dance? But I don’t know of any other spritelings to pair with. It could take an indefinite amount of time to even find someone who wouldn’t be—oh tadpoles—…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Thank you girl! Yeah, basically. It’s a lot more than that though. Pretty much about a year ago, I realized I was never going to get better if I kept letting my parents take care of my health (my mom has been helping me with my health via vitamins and stuff she found online for about 5 years after multiple Doctors said I had no cure).…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic KP GOOGLE MEET!!!!!!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Hey! Yeah, it has been a long time. I don’t come on here much unless summoned. Honestly I’m probably at the hardest point in my life rn so I’m doing pretty bad most days, but it feels like I’ve grown more in this year than my entire life somehow 😂
How are you?
-
whaley posted an update 1 year, 7 months ago
Guys, I’m not sure what to think about this. But according to my blood tests, I’m severely low on several vitamins and minerals. Super iron-deficient. And they might decide to inject me with the stuff, because I’m so weak without it. My body has slowed blood flow and brain function so it can focus on vitals.
Combined with some other things, this…[Read more] -
whaley replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
I read through everything so far!
This is looking great. I’m really impressed with your style. It’s so confident and… I don’t know how to phrase this. Occupied with the plot. There’s always something going on, and because of the realistic dialogue, I can really believe in the overall realism of the world.
I like how the world and…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Flash Fiction Critique Needed!!! in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
The P.S. is beautiful. It closes out the letter (and story) in a satisfying, simple end. In my opinion, very good.
- Load More

It’s just been easy to pretend everything is normal, because I have enough surface-level intelligence to keep up with everything academic. So we’ve only discovered this now. That’s what boggles my mind.
@loopylin @mineralizedwritings Sorry, I just wanted to tell somebody, and I don’t know who to tag. XD
Wow, that’s such a cool discovery! I’m iron deficient too but not a lot so I just take the pills. I hope something good comes if this for you and good luck! How has your week been?
That’s great that you know what’s going on!
Sorry, notifs are laggy XD
@mineralizedwritings Thanks! My week has been okay. I get tired of schoolwork fast, but I’m trying to get some stuff done. I also have random bouts of art, so if you check out the Art for All chat, I have some stuff there from yesterday. 🙂 How have you been holding up?
@loopylin Yeah, I’m glad to figure out som…[Read more]