-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
It’s…a little vague, to be honest. I feel like I’m slowly falling into a sea of ideas and forgetting how to swim in the process. @kate-flournoy
I’m a little daunted by the fact that I have absolutely no ideas when it comes to the actual plot. Like, I get that plotting the MC’s character arc, and the ones that come alongside it, are important,…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Er, anyone on? I’ll be writing for the next half hour or so.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@jess @jane-maree I’m signing out now. I wrote 1401 words. Thanks for the pizza!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus Aha. If I wrote a time travel story, I’d likely have to do the same thing.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus Ooh, fun. I’ve never worked on one of those. The paradoxes boggle my mind.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus Congratulations! I know how that feels! What are you working on?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus @jane-maree I has come!
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@michael-stanton Dragon Snapper will never stop laughing. I think I’ll be grinning all night after that. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
As the dark vapor seeped out of the room, Dragon Snapper blinked at the door.Then, galvanized into action, she charged after the evil overlord, @michael-stanton. “Does that mean yes? You can be your own independent villain that’s not as cliche as Thran or Throy or whatever his name was!”
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Do you think you could draw Kara?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Hang on–if we’re the same age, that means you’re graduating this year too, right? @kate-flournoy
That makes sense. I really struggle with outlining, honestly, but I think I’m getting better.
Can we talk about that, actually? I can’t figure out how I want the story to end, which means I don’t know what needs to happen in the middle… -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
That’s awesome! I prefer sheet music to tabs, too, although playing tabs is still fun. @dragon-snapper
-
Snapper replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I’ve been playing for almost three years now, though it feels like forever! 😛 I prefer sheet music to tabs. I tried to do it once, and it was quite confusing. 😛
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
@dragon-snapper You play guitar too? Awesome! How many years have you been playing?
Also, don’t feel bad–I primarily use sheet music too, although I can play tabs if needed.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
@clairec Thanks for making this!
@kate-flournoy To answer your original question, I have several years of vocal training–a mixture of singing lessons, different choirs over the years, and me testing my voice. I’m a second soprano, but I can drop down to alto as needed. I love testing my voice.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Thanks. @kate-flournoy
So…how does one go about planning/outlining an arc like this?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Okay, this is the book title then: How to Write Novels by Isildur’s Heir
-
Snapper replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
@feedingmygoldfish 😀 Thank you. It is really fun to play either style (don’t ask me which one is my favorite, because I’m not really sure). A weird thing about me playing guitar though, is that I can’t read tablature, which is what most guitarists use to play melodies. Instead, I read sheet music. 😛
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yeah, the 99 in my user-tag stands for 1999. I was born on February 26th, though.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I’m signing off! Planned a little and wrote down some questions to ask Kate tomorrow…
- Load More
