-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
If one wanted to learn how to draw, how would they start? @dragon-snapper
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Agreed. I knew there was a lot, they were just buried. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy I love it when there is hope, even in the bad situations in stories. I think it’s something writers nowadays forget too often.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy I love it when there is hope, even in the bad situations in stories. I think it’s something writers nowadays forget to often.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
There’s so many… :O @dragon-snapper
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
I will start this thing off again by doing Sean. @hope
And to tag our artists, or at least, some of them. 😛 @ethryndal @kate-flournoy @i-j-anderson @christi-eaton @all of you who I can’t remember…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
Really, really great drawing. There’s no way I could ever do something like that. @Christi-eaton
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
I’ve been babysitting since 9:30 this morning, just got back to my house 15min ago.
Just responded. @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Okay. I think I’ve been thinking about the relationship between plot and characters wrong my entire life. But that’s okay. At least I’m learning the truth now, right? *sighs*
The good news is, it’s starting to make sense. So…to plan out where I want the story to go, it sounds like I need to ask myself how Kara would react to…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
I love both drawings so much.
Ah, I forgot to respond to your questions on my novel excerpt page… hang on. *flies away* @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@Christi-eaton You know what? When I saw this, I realized that the girl in your drawing actually looks like a character from my current WIP. I love it! The tattoos on her arm are so unique.
@kate-flournoy Kate. The sketch is AMAZING. Oh my goodness! You are wayyyyy talented! The look in her eyes is spot-on. I can almost sense her shyness and the…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Thank you, everyone.
It gives me a joy just to read that. I need to remember it more often. The problem is that I forget my purpose in life, and so any sort of failure seems like a defeat, but really, I’m just here as a tool, so I just need to do my best and God will make it worth while.
You and I are definitely running on the same wavelength h…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus Yes. That’s a big problem I have—you wrote the solution right there. It’s just hard to remember all the time. Thanks for saying such true truths, even if its kind of hard to consistently live by them. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 5 months ago
@FeedingMyGoldfish Wheee! Yes, I’ve tried the higher-on-bow grip before, but never long enough to get comfortable with it. 😛 I should do it more.
@ClaireC I’m F3 to F5…so that makes me like a cross between alto and mezzosoprano. I love singing, but mostly when I’m alone, or just having fun. 😛 I carry tunes well but I don’t really have technique.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 @Daeus I’ll be praying hard for both of you. I struggle with depression myself not infrequently and I know just how low it makes you feel.
Daeus, in your own words—Depression is a result of worry. Depression kills your joy, and the joy of the Lord is your strength. When you’re not worrying, you’re stronger and nothing seems…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy One thing I noticed about all your character drawings, is that they all have a sense of hope about them. 🙂
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I’m signing off as well. I didn’t actually do anything but berate myself for not doing anything, but there you go. @jane-maree @audrey-caylin
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Hi all. I had a rough day today. Feeling very discouraged. I struggle with low self-confidence and grapple with loneliness. A lot. And struggle with introverted-exhaustion (I’m constantly around people) and a bit of depression as well.
All in all, I’m very overwhelmed at the moment, so I could use some prayer. I feel like God is calling me to…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
*pauses* *thinks for a moment* In all honesty, I think all the different terms and elements (no pun intended) being thrown around is really distracting me. Can we talk about plot? And character arcs? But relating to Kara and no one else?
I’m very, very overwhelmed right now. By everything you’re saying…by my complete lack of knowledge on this…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Howdy. @jane-maree @audrey-caylin
- Load More
