-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Chapter Three:
As I walk briskly down the hall, the lights above me dim. The flickering bulbs cast an eerie, ominous splash of ashy gray on the pale walls. My footsteps are the only sound I hear.
Clip, thump, clip, thump, clip, thump.
“Is he insane?!”
Well. That escalated quickly.
The sudden shout makes my heart leap into my chest, and…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I need help. *glances wearily at the novel excerpt forum so we don’t disturb @daeus*
@kate-flournoy -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I need help. *glances wearily at the novel excerpt forum so we don’t disturb @daeus*
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Excellent point. @daeus
Ugh. I’m trying to write, but my brain is full of ideas and I can’t quite make sense of them all. Kate, dear, are you on? @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I thought you’d come back already. No apparating inside of Kingdom Pen, @Daeus !
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I LOVE IT. @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Aw…poor @daeus …feeling left out, are we?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
The wonderful @kate-flournoy has graced the Writing Corner with her presence! *cue applause*
Of course, Kate. Anything for my favorite Force-wielding telepathic dragon.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Wow. *jaw drops* Is that a snippet from your WIP? @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Alright. @daeus
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Me too. @daeus
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Boom. Kate wisdom. Love it. @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
*looks over your shoulder* Where can I buy one of those guides? @graciegirl
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
On a side note, I’ve decided to start calling you Jedi-Master Kate. @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Not really.
I…*sighs* Have you ever seen the animated TV show “Avatar: The Last Airbender”? The “bending” on that show is based off of four different forms of Chinese martial arts. That’s how I’m picturing the Elemental powers–what they’ll be like–will be used.
Kara uses fire as an extension of her body. It’s a part of her she can’t even…[Read more] -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
Is it bad if I know who my “ONE character” is, even though he hasn’t entered the story yet? @graciegirl
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
Also, their conversation would be a great way to say a lot of things about the way things really are in the prison by not saying them. Good dialogue illuminates what people are not saying, I’ve heard it said, and I agree. There’s more in what’s not said than what is.
Huh. Good point, but…things like what? @kate-flournoy Also, thank you for s…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
Kate, I’m popping over to the novel excerpt forum to read your reply. I had work this morning, so I couldn’t answer when you commented. @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
I’d be careful if I were you. If Kate’s character is anything like her maker, she’ll be mischievous… @graciegirl
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@GracieGirl Oh, definitely. I’ll be praying. Aren’t moms amazing though?!
- Load More
