-
Elizabeth replied to the topic To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@ethryndal Very cool. Although… *coughs* I’m going to college for a degree in creative writing, so…there are options.
Lol, on another subject, they’re playing the second lord of the rings movie on TV right now and I just thought of you!@kate-flournoy Kate, sweetheart, I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Okay, good. That’s how I intended it to be.
Thanks for all your help, Kate! @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
What?
I don’t know what to say to that. I have so many questions, so much stuff that I don’t know about the plot yet, but maybe you’re right. I have to figure all that stuff out for myself.
So…no. No questions. Except–did Kara act out of character when she killed the Catastrophe? Was it too sudden? Weird?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
😉
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
*pats your head* lil’gracie!
Oh my goodness. I took the ACT and hated it. There was too much math and science. Too much.
And yeah, don’t worry. You still got time. @graciegirl -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Aww…thanks. 🙂 I wouldn’t say I’m quite a regular reader, ’cause I know a ton about writing even though I don’t do it; more than the average reader does, so I judge things kind of from that perspective too…but, still.
When I’m free…ahh. Somewhere a thousand years from now. XD Well, I will indeed take you up at some point; when I have a big…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Here’s the thing–Tam was taken out of the prison for hurting a guard. She broke the prison rules and was punished for it. Kara knows that, which is why, later in chapter 4 (which is still in the planning stages) she gets confused when she isn’t punished. Her view on the Warden changes when he seemingly shows mercy to her, but didn’t to Tam.…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Well, on a website full of writers, you’re a rare treasure. A regular reader, someone who will judge the story for what it is and report and plot-holes back to us. I think that’s cool, which is why I asked ya.
But I’m happy to take a backseat until you’re free. @emma-flournoy *winks* I’ll wait.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Hm. @ethryndal Mind if I ask why?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Novel Excerpt (Feedback Welcome) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Aha. Hello!
*grins* I can almost see your train of thought chugging along as you posted this.
Yes, the guy Kara killed is a Catastrophe–not that she and Ava know that. He’s an Earth Catastrophe, and the way he looks in my head is rather…jarring. He does look more like a monster than a human being, so there’s that.I’ve decided that I’m…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Thanks for your understanding. 😛 *hug*
Hm. Well…hm.
Ha! Interesting. *taps finger on chin* Interesting. I do love beta-reading, it’s just…there’s only so much time. My mom has seriously suggested I hire myself out for it. 😛 Which does sort of interest me…I just…haven’t done anything about it.
I was flattered that…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Thanks for your understanding. 😛 *hug*
Hm. Well…hm.
Ha! Interesting. *taps finger on chin* Interesting. I do love beta-reading, it’s just…there’s only so much time.
I was flattered that you’d ask me, at any rate. 😀 -
Elizabeth replied to the topic To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@graciegirl Wait a sec, you’re only in 10th grade? *sits down* Um. Okay. I was somehow convinced you were graduating like me and Kate. Oops.
College…isn’t as scary as it seems. Trust me. You’re gonna be fine. Be excited! After all, it’s only the gateway to the rest of your life, right?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Kate…yes. Yes. Yes. Algebra. Gross.
Um…not to be annoying or anything, but could you possibly pop over to the google docs and read chapter 3? @kate-flournoy
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Is it just me, or have the forums been quieter as of late?
Anyway, I’ll be on and off writing and planning throughout the day if anyone wants to join me.
@winter-rose @dragon-snapper @kate-flournoy @ethryndal @jess @daeus
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, it’s fine, Emma.
And honestly…I have tried. My family takes my ambitions seriously. They respect the fact that I want to have a career as a writer. They’re supportive that way, but when it comes to everything else…my writing doesn’t get the time of day. It’s frustrating.
Maybe you should start a waiting list for your beta-reading @emm…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
I’m graduating high school this year, but I also have my first year of college completed thanks to Dual-Enrollment. I’m thrilled to finally be starting college, but a little sad to leave my younger high-school friends behind. I’m going to school at home, though. (Go Bulls!)
Oh, goodness…advice. Honestly, a lot of what I could say, @aratrea…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Thank you, KP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Hey Elizabeth, that okay?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blogs: What Would You Like to See More of? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
I agree with @Ethryndal.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
I’ll be writing for a bit.
@daeus @that_writer_girl_99 @ethryndal @kate-flournoy @jess - Load More
