-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Beginners' Tips For Writing Science Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya I feel honored. 😛
That’s pretty cool stuff, but I am so busy right now I’ve hardly even had time to get on KP. Oh well. So, y’all have a good discussion. *bobs off*
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Winter-Rose I bet!
-
Mariposa Aristeo started the topic Aloha, Bonjour, and Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 4 months ago
Hello! My name is Mariposa Aristeo. I’m an ultra-shy girl (in person) who dreams of being an author/illustrator. When I’m not thinking, reading, or writing about dinosaurs, I’m drawing them. I hide Easter eggs in my art like Pixar does in their films. Sometimes I hide a reference to one of my future books, an old TV actor, or a Disney character. I…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic My Take on Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
… After skimming over this, I’m beginning to think that cliches are just paradoxes.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Beginners' Tips For Writing Science Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Thanks for putting this together!
“The literature of the human species encountering change.” I see why this caught your eye. I never considered Sci-Fi that way. Really, I always thought it was a fiction of technology and extraordinary things. Star wars kind of thing, if you know what I mean. 😛
But certainly, just writing s…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 4 months ago
@hope @kate-flournoy @jess @bluejay @christi-eaton Did anyone else see that they’re making a Ranger’s Apprentice movie?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Recommendations Requested in the forum Poetry 9 years, 4 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien At your service. *bows*
(*bounces on toes* And I provided the link to my obscure one, so…that won’t be hard. 😉 You should read it. ) -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
@Winter-Rose Yeah, that makes sense… 🙁
-
Snapper replied to the topic Singing in the forum Music 9 years, 4 months ago
@clairec @feedingmygoldfish @kate-flournoy @all the singers
Hi guys! So, I’m trying to teach myself to sing. Do you guys know where I should start? -
Elizabeth replied to the topic My Take on Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Tsk, tsk, @kate-flournoy, there you go–always being so…blunt. But seriously, good points.
Here’s my take. I wasn’t tagged, but I’m going to talk anyway. Sorry, @mark-kamibaya
The way I see it, this whole thing comes down to how you define a cliche. Taking a frequently used plot-twist, such as a “Luke, I am your father” type of moment, gets…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Recommendations Requested in the forum Poetry 9 years, 4 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien You should read some poems by Longfellow.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Interesting fantasy creatures? in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 4 months ago
Phoenix–a giant fiery bird. My favorite mythological creature.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Signing off. @audrey-caylin @jane-maree
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
It’s a long story that mostly involves eating at strange hours and arriving home from Orlando rather late. @audrey-caylin
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Yep! Ah, dinner. I’m currently eating pancakes. At 9:30pm. @audrey-caylin
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Yay! Good job! See you ’round. @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Heh… @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
Yeah. That. @winter-rose *blushes* One day, I’ll get this whole story structure thing straight.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
I very much enjoyed it. The first movie was very similar to the first book in the series.
I’m working on leading up to the first plot-point. What did you call it, Gabby? A key…something? @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 4 months ago
I’ve been on here recently, but not to write…I hit a block in my story and decided to take a break during graduation-weekend. @audrey-caylin
Harry Potter isn’t for everyone. I get it.
- Load More
