-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic In which I present myself your most abject servant in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Three cheers for my sister! Hip hip—popatamus! Oh wait. No. Hip hip—hooray! Hip hip—hooray! Hip hip—HOORAY! *pumps your hand vigorously* Congratulations, Kate.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic In which I present myself your most abject servant in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
A “forum regular”? me? When did I becomes a regular? *grins*
Kate! You’re gonna be awesome. I’ll help you in any way I can, love, rest assured. @kate-flournoy
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 3 months ago
@Leumeister Well it was fun. 😛 And the NF was (and IS of course) pretty much indisputable. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 3 months ago
@Hope I LOVE that Uncharted one.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
I’m glad you approve @ethryndal
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic First Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@ethryndal Pollyanna?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
A soft shhhh-ing noise whispers through the air, and suddenly in his hand Matthias holds an icicle aloft. The shard of ice is razor sharp but perfectly translucent; any other time, it would be beautiful, but it’s not now, not when the tip of the icicle is aimed high in the air, tilted downwards at Blake’s throat.
Things aren’t going very well for…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
I’m done with the dishes! Now to squeeze a few more words in before I have to eat lunch… @ethryndal
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
I’m still here. *sets down dishrag so she can assure you that you aren’t alone* I’ll be done with the dishes shortly and then I’m back to writing. @ethryndal
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Yeah. @winter-rose
Honestly, I think it shows how much I’ve learned about character arcs so far. Originally, I had no backstory for Blake, and he was just sort of this flat character that made everything in Kara’s world perfect again. Now that I’ve built his backstory, he’s so much more.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Yeah.
Honestly, I think it shows how much I’ve learned about character arcs so far. Originally, I had no backstory for Blake, and he was just sort of this flat character that made everything in Kara’s world perfect again. Now that I’ve built his backstory, he’s so much more.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
Well, Matthias is mad at the whole world right now, and Blake is strangely insensitive, which is a quality I didn’t foresee him having… @winter-rose
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
You didn’t tag me @winter-rose I’m sad.
Anyway, I’m here now! Have to settle things between Blake and Matthias… *sighs* Those boys.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Well, he’s the Wiser. The answer is always bound to be yes. All he needs now is a frog. 😛
@perfectfifths Umm… I don’t know. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a kookaburra. Wait…how do you say ‘herb’?
Oh, and dragons, even american dragons, they know everything. 😀 -
Snapper replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
@michael-stanton Well, dragons smelling like coffee is certainly a good reason. Coffee smells amazing! Did I make you a worthy enough evil overlord? 😉
@jane-maree Thank you. 😀
@kina-lamb *waves* *unwaves* Wait. You like tea? Ew. Unfortunately, dragons aren’t really ones for tea…
But anyway, glad you liked it! 😀 And poor Daeus. Soy ice…[Read more] -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic First Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Yes! *hands you award* Now it’s your turn again!
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hey there in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 3 months ago
@lifeofkatie *kicks past every obstacle in climbing through a computer and squishes you to smithereens in a virtual hug*
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hey there in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 3 months ago
@lifeofkatie KATIE!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 3 months ago
Oh snapper! (that’s you, @dragon-snapper) this is really good! I enjoyed reading it. 😀 Please write more!!!! I loved that the Count of Monte Cristo was in Spanish, and that Daeus couldn’t read it, and that it was torture. So true. 😀 Except… Daeus probably would have been able to figure out how to read it in Spanish by reciting the Count of…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 3 months ago
I’m signing off now. This writer girl needs some sleep… @winter-rose @jane-maree
@jane-maree I’m praying for your success with your writing thingy! Good luck to you!
- Load More
