@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic If I were a Character… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Katty Henning, that is a great character name.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
I do see what you’re saying, Sarah, but unfortunately I still find myself on the opposing side.
I don’t think it’s going against the nature of God at all to have fantastical creatures or your scorned ‘fantasyland’. What are they but created creatures, created to people a world different than ours? They would still be created by a supreme creator,…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
I hope it didn’t seem like I wanted to suppress this topic. It is perfectly fine to talk about it on the forum. I understand that you aren’t trying to get KP to ban fantasy. I didn’t think so. Still, you seem to have a problem with the care free way they have approached something very disturbing to you. I would still suggest you bring it…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic If I were a Character… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Ooo very neat answers! I suppose I should answer my own question though…. tehehe 🙂
Like some of you it’s hard to narrow down because to some extent, Rolena is behind each of my character’s thoughts and reactions, but if I were to choose just one, I would say my most recent protagonist Katty Henning.
She has close ties to her family, has a…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic If I were a Character… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
You know what, that’s funny. I have a similar personality to that myself. I’m not that impulsive, but I always replay things to myself and see how I could do them better. The thing is, I seem to have moved more to replaying things that have never yet happened to me nowadays.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Love the hodgepodge, Mark! 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
You are correct.
-
MarkMcGuire changed their profile picture 10 years, 10 months ago
-
MarkMcGuire replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Welcome to Bag end, Mossflower! May the force be with you! Ummmm….. You might want this, it is iococane (Yes I give out poisons) It is recommended you get an immunity against this stuff. Look out for strange gifts, here, have a platypus, strange people, oh, wait, never mind, it seems to be a little late. If you have questions I’d love to help…..
-
MarkMcGuire replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
I think you may be assigning Satan far more power than he actually has. Above all, Satan hates God’s light. When we shine that light on him and all his doings, there is nowhere for him to hide. When we are cowed and timid and afraid to speak of demonic things, or write of demonic things and show them for what twisted, hideous blackness they a…
-
MarkMcGuire replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
(I hope all this works the same as on the OYAN forum….)
I (Me, myself, who I am) think (My opinion, not necessarily correct) That we need the dark creatures.
Why?
some day, at noon when the sun is out, flip on your lights. What happens?
Even if you flip on all of them the room will not be much brighter.
Now, it is dark out (When I am writing…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
This is kind of hard to explain, because I’ve never put it into words before, but I believe there is a difference between portraying God in an allegory and creating your own God. Did you read King’s Armor? Hope portrayed Jesus a little differently, but she didn’t change His nature.
There is no difference to my thinking, because you’re not reall…[Read more]
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic If I were a Character… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus In the beginning of the trilogy, Callie (age 14) problem solves in a speedy, impulsive way. She tends to act first, think later, but then seriously second-guess herself (even if she did the right thing) and think through every possible variation and how it would have “been better” if she had said something else or said it differently. As…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic no such thing as magic in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Good points, Rosey. Of course this is fun!
Good points about magic too. 😛
You mentioned that magic in the Bible is portrayed as bad. Here’s a link to an article if you want to follow it, that discusses this issue very well, but in a nut shell, the magic mentioned in the Bible is witchcraft. Of course it’s portrayed as bad! Magic in the Bible is…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic no such thing as magic in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
The system of power thing could work, but I’d say that’s treading on dangerous ground. In the bible, there are the outright miracles, true. But usually the prophet or person seeking help prays to God, gets direct instructions and follows them. There aren’t any incantations or wand-waving and nothing that closely resembles the magic we see in a lot…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Yes, it is @Alia. I haven’t read the other books in the series; maybe I’ll pick one up over Christmas break. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I have to join in, sorry guys. This is an awesome topic! Ok, here are some of my favorite books:
Lord of the Rings…It’s just simply amazing!
The Harry Potter books are awesome!
The Percy Jackson series was hilarious! I love Rick Riordan’s writing style. 🙂
The Mysterious Benedict Society…very cleverly written (is cleverly a word? :P)
To…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Haha! No problem… I understood it okay. 😛
*sigh* The inner author makes slaves of us all.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Magic and Fantasy in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Man, I just realized that my first comment has terrible flow. Sorry if it is confusing. I changed it around a lot before I submitted it, and I forgot to give it a proof read first.
-
Daeus replied to the topic If I were a Character… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@ivy-rose how does she problem solve? I’m interested.
- Load More
