@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Tags in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 9 months ago
As I understand them, tags are to help identify under which topic a post would fall under. They allow you to find things easier according to what the post is related to.
For example, if I made a post about needing help with my novel that’s a pirate story, I might add the tags, pirates, novel, or help. It shows what my post is related to.
I…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Or maybe I’ll just stop assuming people understand my very subtle references to things I already said. Yes, I’ll try to do that. (…though I had a lot of fun)
@sarah-h What Kate said.
Pluuuuuuuuuuus….
Show don’t tell. Show don’t tell. Show don’t tell. Show don’t tell. Show don’t tell.
Yep
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Got what right?
You’d better come back on here quick, @sarah-h, before this topic devolves into complete silliness. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Good, so I got it right.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus! that is a logical fallacy!!!! It’s called Equivocation. Equivocation on the word sacrifice. Yes. Quite serious, actually. 😛
I did laugh once I got it though. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
point 5
(I have officially reached the epitome of overly thoughtful and overly dumb jokes. I’m going to go eat a pickle.)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Um… what?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
So let me get this straight Kate.
It’s like, “Here, I thought you’d like this flower, and I tossed in a dead ram too.”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Haha! Killing them both is definitely not the solution. 😛
As far as writing clean romance goes, it’s really pretty simple. Keep it clean.
Okay, it’s a little more complicated than that. 🙂
Something I’ve found very helpful is observing my mom and dad, who are two of the most in-love people you’ll ever find. So that’s a quick tip.
As far as…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Right! Okay— I see it now. Yes. Tons of potential there. Wow… I’m mocking logic. I can’t believe it. That’s just… so… so…. I can’t believe it. 😛
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
That is actually using logical fallacies to your advantage. What you did was switch the supposed meaning of the word “it”. Plenty of potential in writing that kind of humor. Like blatant red herrings or bandwagon… cheap appeal to false authority… stuff like that. 😉
Red herring example:
“Did you just hit that man over the head with a baseball…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Oh oh oh I just discovered a new kind of comedy! I mean I didn’t discover it… but I noticed it for the first time. 😛
I’m not exactly sure what to call it, so I’ll give the example that finally got my attention.
Okay, so this man and his wife are driving down the road and they almost hit a skunk. The wife goes, “Oh no, that was close! What would…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Comedy is actually a very fun thing to analyze. 🙂
Another thing, you’d probably get this because you’re in a big family like me, is interactions you actually observe. In a big family, I’ve been able to really realize the full humor of all people’s personalities just by themselves. Characters simply bouncing off each other can be unbelievably…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone posted an update 10 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy
Great job on the picture prompt entry and congrats on the win! 😀 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What genre is this? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Great! Wonderful! Glad it works— you’re right, it does fit. There ya go! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic What genre is this? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Thanks Kate,
According to the wikipedia definition of medieval fantasy, my story might actually fit in that genre. It says, “Medieval fantasy is a subgenre of fantasy that encompasses medieval era and sometimes simply represents fictitious versions of historic events. It can include various elements of Middle Ages European culture and society,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
HAHAHA!!!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Ted Skywalker: We need to end galactic oppression.
Donald Longhair: No, we need to build a forcefield! -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comedy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Haaaaa… that’s hilarious, Daeus. I saw another one of Ted Cruz as Captain America. 😛
And you have a good point there, @writefury— it made me think of something. There are technically two different categories of humor— I just realized that. One is intellectual humor, the other… what do you call it? Slapstick?
Intellectual humor I would…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What genre is this? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Hm… you have a point. I didn’t think of King Arthur… well, maybe you could just call it plain ‘medieval fantasy’, though that might have the same difficulty.
One of the things fantasy fans (take it from an expert on the subject) love is the vivid, vivid cultures and the unusual aspects of a wholly different world that define fantasy in its…[Read more]
- Load More

Thanks so much! I almost didn’t submit that one— but I’m glad I did. 😀