@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Cool. Yeah, I mean, I think liked it is a little week. By the way, you can get off the floor now. After all, it would be much more interesting if you were ceilinged than floored. *Tries to imagine that*
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Welcome @Hannah-Krynicki! I love fantasy too. Are you working on a fantasy story right now?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Wow; I’m not even going to try to correct it…poetry isn’t my area of expertise, as you know. 😉 But just..wow. I loved it!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Unfortunately I think I need all the common sense I can get my hands on, @Daeus. 😛
And I will keep writing poetry.
Wow, I’m… I just… I’m still floored you liked it so much.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Tag thingy not forgotten @kate-flournoy
Common sense is some pretty awesome stuff. If you have any for sale, I’ll take it.
‘To love you must be willing to bear things alone’
That’s what I’m talking about. Same poetry, more realism.
Sweet stuff.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Egh, forgot the tag thingy.
@Daeus.😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Wow! I really did think it was terrible— just awful. I guess I’m not an objective judge. 😛 Thanks so much, Daeus— for everything.
Oh yes, the contradiction about the king deserting and all that… 😛 Actually the poem went through a backstory change in the middle of writing it, and I hadn’t yet got around to fixing it. 😛
And you know,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Egh, forgot the tag thingy.
@kate-flournoy -
Daeus replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Hmmmmmm, the dictionary says this.
sneak |snēk|
verb (past sneaked or informal snuck)I’d consider myself a fairly informal person over all.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Dear Imaginary Friend—
You asked for it.
Son of a Warrior
Love is sacrifice. Only with the gift of everything it is will it ever come into the fullness of everything it was meant to be.
The weary warrior in the night, riding true and fast and far,
with love of land and love of king to guide him, and a star,
looks to me and says to me… -
Daeus replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy
I’ll be ever so helpful here. If you changed cadence between the first verse and the third verse, you probably did it in the second verse.*cough cough* Yes, let’s see. Down to business…
Post the thing. Yep, I kinda need it.
I deal well with ideas, but I do better when I have examples to go along.
Signed,
An imaginary friend
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
‘Kay, I’ve got a little problem here. As you know if you clicked on the topic. And if you didn’t, you aren’t even here… *gasp* I’m talking to someone who’s not even here!
Anyway.
I have this really long, rough poem that I started writing like… a year ago? It was the first real poem I ever tried… anyway, I’ve been wanting to finish it,…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Hi, Hannah! I love to write fantasy, too! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to the forum @Hannah-Krynicki! Always glad to have a newbie on here. 🙂 The problem with newbies is, they don’t stay that way. 😉 😛
What kind of fantasy do you like to write? More of a historical style (like Tolkien) or incredibly fantastic fantasy? Like— really weird, awesome stuff that I don’t have a term for without going into a…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
Hmm, somehow a y snuck in there. You can ignore it. I’ll need to improve my internet security.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 9 months ago
How dee ya do?
As I like to say, welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
It sound’s like you’ve already had some good fun writing truck loads of exciting story stuff. How’s that going?
By the way, I’m the least experienced and most vocal writer here, which is to say that if you’re running short on time you can just read everybody…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
How about “Truth walks in the meadow”
I might be the only one who will ever like that though.
Series titles are part of your meta-data for Amazon so you might want to begin your quest for a good title by looking for good keywords and phrases that you could use. I mean, let’s be honest, which is better? A great series title that sells you more…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
@hope it’s pretty good. Really allegorical/pilgrim’s progress sort of thing. Sir Faithful. The Castle of (fill in the positive attribute blank). In that, they’re outrightly having the different qualities be named and sought out things. Sounds like you’re having it a bit more subtle than that, though. 😛 You could still allude to it in the titles.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 9 months ago
Hm… maybe ‘Seekers of Truth’… assuming there are people in the story who are actually seeking to find the answers.
Is there an overall theme for the series? Is it God’s existence, God’s grace, God’s love, God’s mercy, man’s relationship with God? I find it’s usually much easier to think of a title when I know the theme and am pulling the…[Read more] - Load More
