@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so I really like to analyze books when I read them— and not just books either. Any kind of story. And lately I’ve been trying to figure out how so many of the old classical authors managed to not only fit Christianity into their stories, but actually portray it well and without shoving it down the reader’s throat.
Here are a few things…[Read more] -
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Revised Logo Here…what do you think? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for your help! Numbers 1 and 3 are my favorites. It’s so hard to pick! 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
I’ll have to jot this strategy down. XD
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Writers' Conferences in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I went to one in October, here: http://www.siwc.ca
That’s in Surrey, BC. Not much of a drive for me, but it probably would be for pretty much everyone else.
It’s not overtly christian, but there was a whole bunch of great stuff there. 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rapunzel's Hair in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
That is totally adorable. Sure, go for it! And name it Rapunzel. That would be so cute. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Rapunzel's Hair in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
Looking up winged cats, I came across this. It’s a bit off topic (though maybe I could name the cat/griffin Rapunzel and work that in…) but this was too cute to not post.

-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Rapunzel's Hair in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
You know, I don’t know if Rapunzel (I’m going to change her name, I think) has been locked in a tower her whole life. I might just have her have long gold hair that reaches her knees or something when braided…
Also, I’m thinking about introducing some fantasy characters. What do you all think about these cute things: 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Revised Logo Here…what do you think? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I like #3
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Revised Logo Here…what do you think? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
#4
-
Daeus replied to the topic Revised Logo Here…what do you think? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I’m going with number four for sure. This logo’s look’n good.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Revised Logo Here…what do you think? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I like number three. And “yay” you remembered the E. 😀
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Revised Logo Here…what do you think? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
That’s weird…I don’t know why it is a link. Sorry!
-
Ivy Rose started the topic Revised Logo Here…what do you think? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I got the new logos back from my designer. Which one is your favorite?
http://lakesidepublications.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Lakeside-Publishing-Logo-Samples-2.jpg
Thanks so much for all your help!
-
Ivy Rose started the topic Revised Logo Here…what do you think? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I got the new logos back from my designer. Which one is your favorite?
http://lakesidepublications.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Lakeside-Publishing-Logo-Samples-2.jpg
Thanks so much for all your help!
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Rapunzel's Hair in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
Perhaps you could make her hair a more realistic length, but still have if long…waist or knee length. That’s definitely realistic and hair is quite pretty at that length. If you wanted to change the story up a bit, you could give her a hair color that wasn’t blonde. 🙂
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic My first fantasy novel in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
How exciting! Congratulations!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
I like this guy.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rapunzel's Hair in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
Hm… has your Rapunzel character been shut up in this tower all her life? She might not even know what scissors are. She might think her hair is an absolutely essential part of her— maybe she thinks cutting it off would kill her. (Thank goodness that’s not true 😛 )
And I don’t imagine she has much else to do in that tower, so taking care of…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rapunzel's Hair in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
Hm… has your Rapunzel character been shut up in this tower all her life? She might not even know what scissors are. She might think her hair is an absolutely essential part of her— maybe she thinks cutting it off would kill her. (Thank goodness that’s not true 😛 )
And I don’t imagine she has much else to do in that tower, so taking care of…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Oooh… oh yes @Daeus, that could totally work with Denholm! Oh boy… I may have to try that. 😛 He’s a really… intellectually geeky sort of guy, for the lack of a better word. He likes using really deep, obscure concepts to bewilder other people just for fun.
- Load More
