@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
I’m writing non-magical fantasy twisted with fairytales. Writing the way I think they ought to go if the world was actually working properly.
The thing I like most in my story, is the redemption story in the second half of it. It wasn’t even part of the original plan. But then most things weren’t. Also I like a couple of really fun…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yes @anna-brie— that is the surest test. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
A thousand welcomes, Anna! Congratulations— you have joined the ranks of the most impressive army of nut-cases on the internet. 😉
What kind of stuff do you write? What did you most like about your first novel? What did you most dislike?Again, welcome. This is the bestistist place on the internet. (There @Daeus— I beat you to it). 😉
-
Anna Brie's profile was updated 10 years, 8 months ago
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
You know you a Writer when you join Kingdom Pen.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Great thoughts here.
I decided to have the existence of God as a given.I have few characters who take on a bit of the mentor role. They’re Christian’s but they certainly don’t have everything figured out. They’ve got their own struggles to deal with.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Christianity in Fiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Great thoughts here.
I decided to have the existence of God as a given.I have few characters who take on a bit of the mentor role. They’re Christian’s but they certainly don’t have everything figured out. They’ve got there own struggles to deal with.
-
Anna Brie started the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 8 months ago
Hi,
I’m Anna, also know as Bria in some places. I’ve bee lurking around the forum for several months, but I didn’t actually create an account until recently.I’m 19, but I only really started thinking about writing anything about a year ago. Now I have a first draft almost finished.
I also might be the first Australian on here. And Hope knows…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@writefury, yes! I just can’t get over how ironic that is… 😛
Vivacious is another word I like. I love how it sounds 🙂
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Sarah-h Lamplighter Publishing carries the “real” version of The Hidden Hand. They compiled both books into one (and kept it unabridged). Well worth the money and time!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Sarah-h – No, book 5 is not the end one. Book 6 is. But I have read 1-4 miss 5 and then 6, so I know how it ends. I haven’t read The Young Underground so it wasn’t too sad. 🙂
And yes, Carry On, Mr. Bowditch is a great book for boys and girls. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Sarah-h – Carry On, Mr. Bowditch is about Nathaniel Bowditch’s (a real person) journey from his modest beginnings, to his first sea voyage, to his rigorous self-education, to the triumphs of his fine-tuned mastery of navigation and eventual publication of his famous work, The American Practical Navigator (also known as the “Sailor’s Bible”).…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-h, An irritable colonel, an very very independent adopted daughter of his, a wily criminal, a malicious colonel, an impoverished young physician and his mother, and many other unique characters to whom unique things happen. An excellent story.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Sarah-h huh. I guess I’ve never looked for it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy – Yes lunch. (Which I have had now. It is actually 12:54pm) And if it was 8pm over here I’d be heading to bed. Which sounds nice cause I had a late night (got to bed at 1am) cause my sister had her engagement party. But no, I still have the whole afternoon ahead of me.
@daeus – You’ll probably find that you skim read it cause you…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Shadow Hawk, by Andre Norton. Hittite Warrior and God King by Joanne Williamson.
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Wow! Looks like I have a LOT of reading to do…I haven’t heard of half of those books.
@belegteleri Yes! The Viking Quest series was good. I wish there were more books about vikings!
@sarah-h Twice Freed is one of my absolute favorites! Just about anything by Patricia St. John is amazing, though. Yes, Douglas Bond wrote the Crown and Covenant…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
haha! I didn’t even notice it at first @bluejay – and I should know that name pretty well by now.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Lunch @bluejay! It’s 8:00 pm here! 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oops sorry @daeus. (My fingers are way toooo fast for my brain and I’m hungry for lunch so my head isn’t focused.) 😛
- Load More
