@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@hope I use Hostgator. They were a little more expensive than some others (by a dollar or two a year) but I paid for 3 years upfront, as well as paying for my domain name, and it was around $60.
A fair word of warning…setting up a WordPress.org site is a ton of work. The only reason I did it is that my folks wanted me to take a class and learn…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Princess Tess and the Perfect Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Love it! XD Great job!
I think I remember the beginning of this… did you send it in to KP critiques? -
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@hope
Unfortunately, I really don’t know much about hosting sites. I thought Site5 was by the year, but maybe it is not. I’m pretty confident I’m only paying $12 a year though, so I assume it is only $1 a month. -
Greta replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus, thanks! Great prompt idea. 🙂
@belegteleri, haha, love your story!
@writefury, love the squirrel. 😛 and @bluejay great story!
-
Greta replied to the topic Princess Tess and the Perfect Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
This is a great story, @bluejay. Such a creative idea. The arguing between the author and Princess Tess is hilarious! Great job! 😀
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Most of the sites I’m seeing (including Site5) you pay by month. I’m currently looking at Bluehost, which is one hostsite which wordpress recommends. It’s around $3 each month, so it isn’t too bad. But I want to pay by year if I can. I’m just wondering if anyone knows of any reliable sites.
-
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@hope
The difference as I understand it is that WordPress.com has a lot of limitations to what you can do with it, whereas the options with WordPress.org are much larger. I believe @dbhgodreigns mentioned he wasn’t able to connect an email program (like mail chimp) to his wordpress.com site.To get started with WordPress.org, you do need a web…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
*Ivy-Rose
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
*host site, not sight.
And do I need to download one? What did you use, @Daeus and @Ivyrose?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I’ve been looking up wordpress.org (I was on .com before) and apparently part of the difference is that I can make no sense of how to get started. How do I choose a host sight and what, in normal language, is a web server…how do I even start this? Help, please!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
OK, I will. What is the difference?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I paused and crouched beside the remains of an old building. The loose rocks crumbled as my shoulder brushed them. I ground my teeth in frustration. This job needed absolute silence. The rain made things hard to see, but I knew that any further and I’d go over the edge of the cliff.
Quickly I scanned the skies for my transport. A flutter of wings…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I sighed and looked around my old, dusty tree home. A small stool sat across from me with its broken leg I’d fixed with sap and the braided grass rug on the floor.
Fancy, huh?
There were so much better trees in the forest. Why’d I have to stick around this one? And with no excuse to move to another one…
I looked wistfully out the knothole in…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh yeeeesssss!!!!!! Make sure you use WordPress.org
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@belegteleri Your doctor cracked me up! I never thought before about what really goes on in the mind of those doctors. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Talking to Myself in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh yes @Belegteleri and @Daeus, I do that ALL THE TIME. Especially the ‘being interviewed’ one— I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve done that and on how many different topics. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Love the pirate story @gretald. Haha! Just imagine.
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Hope, are you asking about WordPress.com or WordPress.org? There is a difference…and it can be big or little depending.
-
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@hope To create a category, go to a post. On the right, there should be a little box called categories. Click “add new category”. There are other places you can do it, but this will work.
This site (KP) has two menus/navigation bars. I’m not sure exactly how they did that. It might be a feature of the theme or it might be a plugin. The menus have…[Read more]
- Load More
