@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
What is a landing page?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Thanks. I went ahead and got it. It may take me a bit before I read it since I don’t read e-books in the evening and my day time is busy, but I will get to it sometime.
I did take a flip through it though. Smart job putting the email sign up link in there. Just one suggestion. Put some sort of visual there to grab readers attention. It could be a…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@hope If you can switch over when it makes more sense, that sounds fine. Before you do that though, hop over to the WordPress.org forum and ask these three questions:
Can I switch everything over to WordPress.org when I want to without losing anything?
Will I be able to put an email sign up form on my wordpress.com website?
Can I create a…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Congratulations, Hope! That’s awesome!
-
Hope Ann started the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I self-published my novella, Rose of Prophecy a few days ago! It’s currently up free on Smashwords where you can download it in a number of formats. I’m working on getting it free on Amazon as well, but that might take a bit. You can find Rose of Prophecy here. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@anna-brie I do, but I have it through google and for some reason they only let you renew your name for ten years. Anyhow, my year expires in May so I plan to just buy a new one.
Also, as to wordpress, for the moment I’ve decided to just use WordPress.com. I have limited memory, but I think I’ll be able to do everything else I want (I think).…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Talking to Myself in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I talk to myself. Or imaginary people who never talk back. I think about the conversations I might have if there was another person around. And if I think about it too much I end up talking about how I talk to myself about talking to myself. But I almost never do it audibly.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Don’t you already have a domain name @hope?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Princess Tess and the Perfect Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
@jadamae No, unfortunately I’m not a princess. I think she based on my feelings but really she’s not very much like me.
@writefury. Thank you. Yes, it was a KP critique awhile ago.
And thank you to @kate-flournoy and @gretald for your encouragement. 😀 -
Ivy Rose replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@hope yes you can buy a domain name before setting up your web hosting site. Or buy a domain separately from the site that will be hosting your website. Generally, the hosting sites have ‘package deals’ when you buy a domain and so many years of service.
WordPress is amazingly versatile, and yes, there is a lot of information available on the web…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
hmm, I’m not sure about that. Try googling it.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yes, but there are also a few places I could buy a domain name without signing up for a hosting site.
-
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Site5 and Hostgator are hosting sites. Those are the places you buy your domain name. Once you have a domain name, you can start your WordPress site.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
You and I must have been posting at the same time, @Writefury! Yours so made me laugh— that’s the way! More fairies! 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
‘I stared with wide eyes at him as he half sat, half leaned on the windowsill, the warm sun dancing in playful beams upon his smiling face and burnishing his hair like spun gold.
“Really?” I whispered, leaning forward and clenching my hands on my small knees. “Really? One wish— all my own?”
He laughed and nodded, reaching up one slender white…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Sorry. Forgot the prompt.
Here.
Write a story about a person named “Everyone” and their struggles in everyday life. 😛 -
Daeus replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
It can be a bit of trouble sometimes, but if you use the forum, you’ll find most of your problems have an easy fix. Like I said too, whatever you go through, there’s probably a 75% chance I faced it too, so just let me know if you have any problems. Personally, I really like WordPress.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I drifted gently out of the air to land next to the wide-eyed child standing next to my tree. “You have awoken me from my tree,” I explained to him, “Now I am obligated to give you a wish.”
The boy’s mouth opened wide in a smile, “Sweeeeet!”
I continued, “You may have anything you desire. Except…” I held up a finger as he began to talk, “…more…[Read more] - Load More
