@faithdk
Active 7 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
If nothing else, Hope, I’m enjoying being able to follow your blog on wordpress. Blogger comments always drove me crazy trying to figure out and it’s so much easier now. 😛
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic The "diversity" trend in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
That was an interesting article. My two cents on the skin color/ethnicity part of it:
In my family, we are about as diverse as you can get when it comes to skin color. I have two biological brothers, both extremely caucasian with blonde hair and blue eyes. As for myself, I have olive skin and brown hair and eyes. My sister is Chinese. My 3…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic The "diversity" trend in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I don’t have racial minorities, but I’m not giving every one the same shade of skin.
I think it’s really all about who fits in your story. If you are writing a story about a group of men, women will obviously be under represented. If your story is set in China, most likely everyone will be Chinese. If you’re writing in futuristic America, why…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Remembrance Poem-what do you think? in the forum Poetry 10 years, 8 months ago
@dbhgodreigns Yes you are right. Oops 😉
@jadamae and @daeus that is what I’m getting all the time. 😀 -
BlueJay replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Thanks @hope. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What does my villain want? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
That is so cool @Daeus. You may be on to something there.
-
Daeus replied to the topic What does my villain want? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
Here’s my idea. It’s all based off of the theme of joy. First, how about the birds have a special role in this society for nurturing and fostering joy? Secondly, it would make sense if this villain were not only a physical bad guy but an opponent of the theme. He would literally be an opponent of joy. Naturally, the enemy of joy is hate.…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic What does my villain want? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
Hmm, that’s something I’ll have to consider. So far I’d only thought about birds in the terms of being used for spies, kind of like the Crublin or whatever in LOTR. Messenger Falcons are the only birds with personalities, the others just do as they’re told. But maybe I could weave the birds into normal life somehow, giving them something to do…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What does my villain want? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
As far as birds go, would it work to have them be symbolic of angels? Now that sounds really wacky, but angels are pretty much messengers, aren’t they? And maybe the bad guy wants to bring down all the servants of the Prince so he can get more directly at the Prince Himself. ?????
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic What does my villain want? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
The theme of this story is joy, which works well with singing. The twins don’t have any superpowers (besides being able to talk to animals) but their song probably has some sort of power in it. Either to control birds or summon birds. But what is one supposed to do with a bunch of birds? I have the idea of birds stuck in my mind, but I don’t know…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The "diversity" trend in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I like the thought behind the article – to make things how they really are because realism is not just different, it is good. What’s kinda funny though is that, at least with the male protagonist thing, from what I’ve read, female protagonists are actually the majority trend now. That’s fine with me, but the issue, of course, is that this is a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The "diversity" trend in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
That was a good read, and though for the most part I agree with his reasoning I don’t think it’s maybe such a big deal as he seems to think it.
In my work male characters are decidedly in the majority, but that’s not because I’m ignoring or belittling the importance of women. It’s because I write a lot of battles and quests and adventures and…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The "diversity" trend in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
That was a good read, and though for the most part I agree with his reasoning I don’t think it’s maybe such a big deal as he seems to think it.
In my work male characters are decidedly in the majority, but that’s not because I’m ignoring or belittling the importance of women. It’s because I write a lot of battles and quests and adventures and…[Read more] -
Hope Ann started the topic What does my villain want? in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 8 months ago
I’m stuck at a point in my Rapunzel story and have got really good help here before, so I decided to see if anyone had any ideas today.
Basically, I’m trying to figure out what is motivating my villain. The main bad guy is a rebel against the Prince and wants power. The secondary bad guy of this story, who is the main bad guy in relation to my…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic My Latest Short Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Same here…you can just contact me through my contact form of my website and we can go from there, if that’s not to much trouble. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic My Latest Short Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Why don’t you just contact me through my contact form. You can’t attach the file, but I’ll reply to your message and then you’ll have my email address and can contact me directly.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@bluejay I got your captions. 😉 I got your comment too. Basically, I have my blog set so I need to approve the first comment someone makes (which I have). After that first time, you can comment and it will go directly to the blog.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Love (mercy) vs. Justice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for your thoughts.
What I probably really meant was if you weren’t certain they wouldn’t turn back to evil. I think I have a solution for my specific situation now.I did have another thought at church today though. We are to forgive our enemies, but just because you have forgiven someone doesn’t mean they won’t receive justice. I…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@hope I tried to leave a comment (or reply) to the captions challenge but nothing happened. Does my info (email and name) get sent to you and do I receive a password so that I can log in? Is that how it works? I don’t know if this counts but would you mind if I posted my two captions here since I can’t get it to work and it ends tomorrow???
They…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
“There is no doubt that I am by far the prettiest.”
Others glare at me.
“Come on! Just look at my beak!”
Forty other beaks are flaunted in outlandish poses.
“Hmph!” I tilt my head back contemptuously and fall off the branch. At first I’m afraid, then I just decide to fall fashionably. Then I remember my wings.
Write a story about a fantasy…[Read more]
- Load More
