@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Pirate Names in the forum Historical 10 years, 7 months ago
Daven the Black?
Or maybe something ‘the black’, or ‘the blackhearted’ (though that might be a bit overused). My brother came up with a character who’s surname was Blackheart…and the man wore a black heart on his belt. That could be interesting. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Actually, I wrote an article for this site on world building. And it’s easier to just link it than repeat it… https://kingdompen.org/a-three-tiered-world/ There are a few other articles here on world building too; you can look them up in the search box.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh yes, I’ve created three worlds to date…or is it four? And then there is a futuristic world I’m writing a story in…
Anyhow, I agree with what Kate said. Also, there is the religious aspect to your world. Is there more than one religion? Is there a good and bad religion? How does it effect life? Laws? Peoples and nations?
Also, what of…[Read more]
-
BlueJay and
Hope Ann are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh wow, I missed this topic when it was created! Thanks so much for starting it, @levipierpont! Sorry to be so late, but it’s a little more difficult to find new topics with the forum rearranged as it has been. 😉
So, world-building. This is one of my absolute worst pet peeves, so bear with me as I rant. The first thing is cultures— an amazing…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin posted an update 10 years, 7 months ago
@bluejay WELCOME FRIEND! 😀
-
BlueJay and
Sarah Spradlin are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
BlueJay and
Little Brown Dog are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
BlueJay replied to the topic When is enough enough? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I think it can also depend on the audience that you’re aiming for. I once read a book about Ash Wednesday which was an extremely (not exaggerating) bad fire that swept through South Australia. It had a lot of horrible detail for the afterwards (you know, burnt houses, animals, people) But it is a book I would read again, because I know it is a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic When is enough enough? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Igh… tricky question. For me, I usually don’t have the stomach to go any further than the beginning of the scene before I cut and pick up after it’s done. I’m not setting that up as a standard— by no means! But that’s about all I as a writer can take. 😛
But I would say if you’re going to take us through the whole scene (I did that once,…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Esther Play in the forum Historical 10 years, 7 months ago
@dbhgodreigns We have about a month.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Pirate Names in the forum Historical 10 years, 7 months ago
Any nationality you’re particularly going for? I’m collecting pirate names at the moment too. 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Oops, I forgot the prompt. Write a story about how Time (personified) feels about people wasting him (does that make any sense? XD).
-
Greta replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I look up at the stage, where the president is about to start his next “we-can-save-America-if-we-do-this-and-that” speech.
He better have some good ideas this time, I think. Otherwise, America’s doomed.
The president stares down at us thoughtfully, as if contemplating whether to begin his speech or not. Finally, he speaks: “The World as we…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Rapunzel's Hair in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Weapons in the braids! That’s cool. I don’t think it will fit in this story, but there’s a sifi Rapunzel I’m thinking about and that would be perfect for that. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pirate Names in the forum Historical 10 years, 7 months ago
Something Irish like Xavier McClouster.
Is that even Irish?
Something like that.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
The ground shook slightly with footsteps. Tit squeaked and yanked Mango’s tail hard with her teeth.
“Look out! Can’t you hear them coming?”
He gave her a long look, then slowly crawled into the tiny, dark hole after her.
“I thought,” he said slowly, “that we were going the other direction.”
“Yes, but we can’t be seen. It would be dire, would ruin…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Daniel felt the ground rumble beneath his feet. Whoa! He hadn’t been told that this would be happening. He glanced up to ask the director what was going on and saw…no one.
“Help,” he yelled out. The sky began to darken. Just cause he was a bad guy in the movie didn’t mean they had to treat him like one. “Hello! Where is everyone?” He tried to…[Read more] -
Ingrid's profile was updated 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic My First Book Cover in the forum Art 10 years, 7 months ago
The girl and the capsule she’s in are well done @watersnail— take it from one artist to another. And an extraordinarily picky artist at that… But you could definitely stand to work on the background and the font. Just give it more depth— I would say add color to the background behind the steam, preferably dark tones— deep brownish reds,…[Read more]
- Load More
