@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Lightningmouse started the topic Hi howdy hey. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Hello, I’m Lightningmouse. I like Jesus, writing stuff (as long as it’s not a scientific essay >_<), reading stuff, watching stuff, drawing stuff, and eating stuff.
And I’m also an OYANer, so yeah.
Hence the avvie.
I’d say the rest of me can be summed up in a…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Muslin of mostly foresty shades – brown, green, cream, etc. Knickers, short sleeved shirts, and a leather jerkin for the men; women, the same, except more of a blouse-type shirt with long sleeves being the norm and the addition or ruffles at the cuffs and around the collar – also, no jerkin.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
What kind of clothes do they wear? @daeus They sound really nice. I kinda feel like I wouldn’t mind meeting one. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
They do sound quite cute @Daeus. 😉 😀 Especially the part about the small noses. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy I would say so though I don’t have a perfect visualization of them. I wish I were a better artist and could draw one out. They are 2-3 feet tall, basically human like, they live in trees and can spring from one to another like squirrels. Their hair is woolish and of varying colors but I tend to visualize a blondish-brown. All are…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh wow @Daeus… Teedletiden? They sound… cute. Are they? Are they cute?
For some reason the name reminds me of C. S. Lewis’s pfifiltriggi in ‘Out of the Silent Planet’. 😛 -
Lightningmouse's profile was updated 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
… except I haven’t written mostly anything!
Wahahaha!!!!!!
I do have a year or two at least to psyche myself up thankfully. I’m already having loads of fun with all the creatures: Zargoth, Meredin, Ublidek, Teedletiden – I’m going to have to make some more.
-
MarkMcGuire and
Lightningmouse are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Lightningmouse's profile was updated 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
*stares at screen, slowly turns color of guacamole* Chocolate… covered… ozone? Please… tell me you did not just say that.
And good luck with the maps @Daeus— and the fantasy itself, of course! 🙂 It takes a bit to get used to writing fantasy after having done mostly historical fiction, (it happened to me) but once you get the feel for it…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh well, I’ll just have chocolate covered ozone instead.
-
MarkMcGuire posted an update 10 years, 7 months ago
@lightningmouse You are here. How shocking.
-
I wish I knew how to do gifs right *siiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
-
They don’t do uploads here.
-
Yeah. But on OYAN you can copy and paste an image and it shows up. Oh well.
-
i dont think that works here
-
Yeah. Rosey Mucklestone showed me how to do them here XD
-
I saw
-
-
-
-
-
Lightningmouse changed their profile picture 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Tectonic plates, @Daeus, to be precise. 😛 😉 And no, sorry— no steak. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Cape Horn? What’s that?
Tectonic platters? Hopefully stake’s involved.
Rain?
Cyclones?
Science?
I did start a map today. Working on rudimentary things. Will add cities and further details eventually.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Yeah, I’m studying weather right now in my science @Daeus, so it’s been on the brain a lot lately. 😛 It’s perfectly fine if you’re world doesn’t even have weather patterns at all— it’s just our weather affects our world so much (Cape Horn, for instance, and that’s just one example) it seems like it would be realistic to have important weather…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic World Building in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy I suppose I never understood how much geography and weather affects everything. I am absolutely going to have to create some territory with rare but extreme natural disasters. Unfortunately, all that stuff about wind patterns and weather pretty much left my brain as soon as I was done learning it, but maybe I could just create my…[Read more]
-
Ingrid and
Haley Long are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
BlueJay and
Sarah Hoven are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago - Load More
