@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Historical Fiction in the forum Historical 10 years, 7 months ago
@Sararh-h
That’s a great conundrum to ponder (I just wanted to say conundrum). Of course, the harsh fact about history is that we must come to conclusions. Do we commend or condemn the Yankees for the Confederates, the Loyalists or the Roundheads, the Crusaders or the Turks (and in what ways and to what degrees)? Do we call the New Deal socialism…[Read more]
-
MarkMcGuire replied to the topic Hi howdy hey. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Well, hi. I’m here and I’m late (here, that’s soooo shocking)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
That’s a very good question, @sarah-h! And unfortunately, I don’t think I have a concrete answer to lay out in so many rules and statistics.
You can tell you’re missing something— that’s very good, that’s an enormous start. Now to figure out what that something is. 😉 😛I think one of the things that makes this conversation so difficult to…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Published (well, self-published, but still…) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Congrats Hope!!! Can’t wait to read it! It is now on my list of to read…
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Hey ya'll! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@Faithdk I was doing some research on goats just yesterday. Getting some is an idea one of my brothers and I have considered a bit several times. Neither of us are really animal people though, so we probably won’t do it.
-
Rosey Mucklestone and
Lightningmouse are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Hey ya'll! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@jadamae I started playing in the fall of 2005. I was seven years old. 🙂 My brother (then 5) and I started at the same time! After seven years of classical violin, we switched to bluegrass/country/old-time fiddle. We both find fiddling SO much more fun than classical. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy: Yes! *rubs hands together* I love discussing things. 😉 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
EXACTLY. Both of you. 😀 Both very astute observations.
Normally I wouldn’t use that word… (astute)… but I think I can on a forum of writers who will actually know what it means. 😉
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Actually, Kate, it’s using quite a bit of the method we decided was the best for writing christian themes. Write from a solid moral base and the outcome just naturally is something solidly moral and good. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh yeah, I get you. Writing is like a solution in an equation. The variables are what your are thinking in your brain. Change your mindset and you have changed your writing whether you like it or not.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Soggy pancakes.
I think… I just lost my appetite.
And indeed, @Daeus, that is the logical progression of the argument I’m making— with him, (you and I apparently both know who him is 😉 😛 ) because I couldn’t see him as anything other than noble, I couldn’t sense him feeling anything other than noble. I mean, it was there a little bit, but…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
“There are only a few things that make me angry. One of them is being called boring. And you know? It really irks me when people say they never liked me (and still don’t) but they really look forward to meeting me. Like I’ll somehow be different? And how come they dislike me anyways? It just really gets me angry.
“But you know, the one thing that…[Read more]
-
Haley Long replied to the topic Hi howdy hey. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic Oh, the ‘E’ just added an extra awesomeness to the name. 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy: As a relatively new writer, I really appreciate that you’re willing to share mistakes that you made early on. If you hadn’t said something about this topic, I probably would have made the same mistake. Not that I’m not going to make my own mistakes… 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic Hey ya'll! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@faithdk: Yeah, seems like it! So how many goats and chickens do you have? We’ve had chickens for quite a while now, but just this year we decided to try raising sheep. It’s been interesting…(we have no idea what we’re doing 😛 )
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Caution: Further Procedure May Result in Allegorical Inspiration in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Agreed, @Kate-Flournoy
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Hey ya'll! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@faithdk Haha, yeah.. you’re way ahead of me on the farm thing. We mostly raise thwarted attempts. (Chickens- eaten by eagles. Sheep- attacked by dog. Cows- running away.) So, awesome job keeping goats and chickens going! *thumbs up*
That’s cool about your articles! Quite a variety of newspaper locations, too. Howdja pull that off? -
Haley Long and
Damaris Tutor are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Building Characters Inside-Out in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Wait … *blows nose*
Ok, much better.
Actually, I have to say, you’re wrong. He’s not perfectly inhuman. He isn’t what he could be, but you very much overstate things. The fact is, faultiness is not the thing that most makes a character come alive. The thing that most makes a character come alive is feeling. The character must…[Read more]
- Load More
