@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Right. Tags here they come.
@reaganramm
@howlingwolf
@wordfitlyspoken
@rolena-hatfield
@mas410
@spradlin (come on Sarah. Tell us about Georgia)
@the-happy-bookaholic
@warrioroftherealm
@aratrea
@dbhgodreigns
@lightningmouse
@ingridrd
@izzierose13
@cahndida-serkhaman
@levipierpontWow! that’s a lot. I’ll have to see if I can find more.
Come on…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Newletters in the forum Publishing & Platform 10 years, 7 months ago
Bother it! I just realized I titled this thread newletters instead of newsletters. I guess there’s nothing I can do about it now. ;(
Ah, yes, @Daeus, short and sweet. I’m hoping to overhaul my own newsletter this month, once I figure out how exactly I want to do it. Yes, I do get the Goodriter newsletters. I’ve been looking at them and about any…[Read more]
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
More Washington state facts:
-The space needle has this nifty revolving floor upstairs. I’ve been up there and it’s pretty cool. Though the elevator charge is WAY to much.
-We serve the largest ferry fleet in the US. (All those islands, y’know)
-We have a rainforest.@bluejay Ever tried out a didgeridoo? We volunteered in Israel with a couple of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
No, I don’t think so… but I don’t know if this forum even has forty four more active members, let alone all from different states. 😉
I was born in Texas, if that counts for anything… love that state, despite all the mosquitoes. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
No, I don’t think so… but I don’t know if this forum even has forty four more active members, let alone all from different states. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Would it be considered rude to tag people so that they get notified about this conversation? (Cause that is not my intention) *puppy dog eyes*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@sarah-h I thought you might be interested since you are from Arizona. We (actually I should say, my two sisters) have just studied Arizona. Here are a few facts that we found out.
The flag: The 13 rays of the red and gold on the top half of the flag represent both the 14 original colonies of the Union and the rays of the Western setting sun. Red…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@sarah-h I thought you might be interested since you are from Arizona. We (actually I should say, my two sisters) have just studied Arizona state. Here are a few facts.
The flag: The 13 rays of the red and gold on the top half of the flag represent both the 14 original colonies of the Union and the rays of the Western setting sun. Red and gold…[Read more] -
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
USA fact: Washington is the only state named after a president.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Ok. Try this. (A big thanks to all who added their two bits) 😀
In a land long ago,
Where the men were all bad,
They swore by God’s name,
And made Him so mad.He said, “I’ll destroy you.
I’ll wipe out human,
I’m sorry I made you.
I’ll start all again.”But then He remembered
A God-fearing man,
His name of Noah,
God drew him a plan.He tol…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Sadly I’ve never had the chance to get my hands on a boomerang. (some Aussie I am. 😛 )
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
But California does grow most of our cauliflower, so we can forgive them.
Yes, football is crazy here, but I can understand because it is a really great sport. We also just won our first ever Olympic gold medal in fencing a couple years ago.
Hey, Australia’s the land of the boomerang. You ever tried those things? They’re tough to get the hang of.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Hi Sarah. Hmmm….Australia.
The biggest island in the world and the smallest continent. We have three oceans that touch Australia. (I didn’t know about one until maybe two days again. 😀 )
Each state/territory is very different from each other. I have been to South Australia, New South Wales and and Kangaroo Island. (Just off South Aus)
I have…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Hi Sarah. Hmmm….Australia.
The biggest island in the world and the smallest continent. We have three oceans that touch Australia. (I didn’t know about one until maybe two days again. 😀 )
Each state/territory is very different from each other. I have been to South Australia, New South Wales and and Kangaroo Island. (Just off South Aus)
I have…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
But @kate-flournoy…no American authors? What about Mark Twain (some of the time), Serena Chase, or umm, *clears throat at Grimina’s insistence* even lesser known authors who like retelling fairy tales?
Somehow I missed that the first time around, @hope… 🙂
I was thinking more classical, so I didn’t think of those, but yes all three of tho…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Nook Press in the forum Publishing & Platform 10 years, 7 months ago
@sarah-h I don’t know enough about it.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c Yeah! Go Washington! 🙂 Hey, are you by any chance going to the Christian Heritage homeschool conference?
-
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus: That’s so funny! No, unfortunately, I have too much going this week. 🙁
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Sure was. You going this Saturday? I plan to be there.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Newletters in the forum Publishing & Platform 10 years, 7 months ago
This is a good topic. With newsletters, you have two main goals. First, develop a friendship with your subscribers. Second, get them to devour your emails.
Let’s start with the second. Most everybody has time to look through their emails. What few people can do is read every email entirely. Having people skim through your newsletter is…[Read more]
- Load More
