@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@sarah-h What?!? Anna Brie and I aren’t Australian enough writers for you?
Anyway for proper authors – Try Mary Grant Bruce; Frank Dalby Davison; Eleanor Spence; Mavis Thorpe Clark; Ruth Park; Elyne Mitchell; Nance Donkin.
I’m sorry I can’t list any more. Most of the books in our libray are by American authors. 😀
But Mary and Mavis write very…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@sarah-h What?!? Anna Brie and I aren’t Australian enough writers for you?
Any for proper authors – Try Mary Grant Bruce; Frank Dalby Davison; Eleanor Spence; Mavis Thorpe Clark; Ruth Park; Elyne Mitchell; Nance Donkin.
I’m sorry I can’t list any more. Most of the books in our libray are by American authors. 😀
But Mary and Mavis write very good…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Actually, I would say Ted Cruz is doing pretty amazing right now even if he is just a little behind Trump. Even if he loses, what he’s already done is practically a miracle. Never has such a pure conservative done so well – almost ever.
This. So much this. It makes me so happy, actually, @Daeus.
And here’s a piece of positive news— my dad…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@anna-brie You have a queen? Is she more of a national figure or does she actually have a position in government? Who is she?
Does sound kinda like a Brittish-American mesh. Do prime ministers have term limits?
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I was telling Dad about it and he said that’s why it’s good we have a Queen. We don’t have to go through the rigmarole of voting for her.
Now since you’ve so kindly explained that I’ll do it for Australia. We also have a senate and a house of representatives. 6 senators per state and two per territory. Representatives depend on population, each…[Read more]
-
Greta posted an update 10 years, 7 months ago
@daeus, so how was the Celtic ball? Ok, I have to ask you a question: do you know the Marshalls? My family and I are trying different churches right now, and we went to one this morning called Gethsemane Baptist. Leah Marshall said she knows you from when they did a home church.
-
Daeus replied to the topic In the words of the greatest spider in history: Salutations. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Hi howdy hey. Welcome aboard Adry!
Totally get you about the cereal box thing.
You’ll love this place. My two cent’s worth. Seriously, I’m that frugal.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Hope covered a lot of it. One thing about the states is that they all have their own constitutions so their state governments do vary.
As far is the presidential election, each party decides how their primaries are run. I don’t know very much about how the democratic primaries work (and I don’t even have the republican primary system…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic In the words of the greatest spider in history: Salutations. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Hello, @adry_grace! It’s nice to meet you. 🙂 I CAN’T WAIT FOR CIVIL WAR, but I’m not sure who’s side I’m on… 😛 What are your favorite books?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Wow I just created a world and now I want to share it with you! in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Okay, scratch the first post. 😉 I have to share a little bit about one of my favorite cultures with you.
So, there are these short people that look like really ugly dwarves. People call them trolls. But they’re not— they’re actually Ingrim.
Theirs is a very solemn, serious culture— they live underground, in all these magnificent but simple…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Wow I just created a world and now I want to share it with you! in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Daaaaaaang, guys…. This is intense. XD
I’m in the middle of creating a world right now (@kate-flournoy, Quinn’s world), so I’m not sure exactly how organized mine would be at the moment.
I shall gather my courage and return. 😛 -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic In the words of the greatest spider in history: Salutations. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet, @Adry_Grace! 😀
Yay for Team Cap! *high fives* I’m on that side for so many reasons. 😛 -
BlueJay and
Adry_Grace are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic In the words of the greatest spider in history: Salutations. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to KP, @adry_grace! I’ve not read a ton of scifi, but I have a scifi novel all planned out that I’m super excited about. Why do you like scifi so much, if you can tell me? Is it just all the awesome, confusing, techy stuff that makes no sense and makes your head spin? 😉
And: Salutations. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Wow I just created a world and now I want to share it with you! in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh yikes yikes yikes, you guys, that’s a lot. Very impressive.
I would share mine, but y’all would be stuck reading one post all day. 😉 Besides, a lot of it is still moving and growing and shifting, so I’m hesitant to put down anything in stone.
I have so many cultures, and so many different ways they changed, and morphed into other cultures…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@anna-brie Ah, American elections. Let’s see. 🙂
First off, the government is broken down into two main groups, the nation, and the state. On the national level, we elect a president, a house of representatives (the amount of representatives being proportionate to the population of the state) and a Senate, which has two senators for each sate. At…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@bluejay I know drop bears aren’t real…apparently, according to another Aussie friend of mine, it’s something some Aussies try to trick newbies with. Though it’s a quite frightful animal (if it were real) that I’m going to put in a book someday…a writer’s revenge for the single day I actually did believe her. 😉 It’s somewhat similar to what…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic "Pen Names" A Good or Bad Move? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I use a penname Partly because I don’t like using my really name everywhere. Also because it’s not unique and can be misspelled. A I heard a rumour that it’s better to have a lastname in the fisrt half of the alphabet. Probably not true now, maybe never was, but it still influenced me.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Does anyone think they’d be able to explain US elections. I admit to being confused. Perhaps I should just read Wikipedia.
I have never heard of the Calignee Panther. We do have some rather poisonous snakes and spiders, but people don’t die of them anymore.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@writefury Try again! 😛
- Load More

No Way! Yeah, like staying up all night because you can’t leave them know them. I haven’t seen them in a while, but yeah I’ve known them for years. Probably (let’s see) – seven? Say hi to all those grand people over at Gethsemane for me.
Celtic ball? Blast of course. Somehow I got there at the practice session at what I thought was ten minutes…[Read more]
My goodness, it’s a small world. 🙂
Oh, maybe I should tag you. @gretald