@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Greta replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
Hehe, thanks @ingridrd
-
Ingrid and
Rolena Hatfield are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@bluejay *pats your shoulder and hands you a tissue* There, there don’t cry young lassie. Oh I’m so sorry to hear your health is a bother! I completely understand. I had a few years where my health was a large challenge. (I’ll pray for you 🙂 I know it’s tough)
Yes, I believe I’ve done 8 community shows so far. (Fiddler on the Roof, Little Women,…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic Hey, writers! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@rolena-hatfield
Well, I’ve written a few short stories…I am currently writing a novel (actually 2, the other one is with Greta, my sister). I’ve been working on my personal novel for probably a little over a year. My favorite genre is definitely fantasy!!! 🙂 -
Ingrid replied to the topic Hey, writers! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@rolena-hatfield
Well, I’ve written a few short stories…I am currently writing a novel (actually 2, the other one is with Greta, my sister). I’ve been working on that one for probably a little over a year. My favorite genre is definitely fantasy!!! 🙂 -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Hey, writers! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Hearty Welcome to you @ingridrd!
We have a lot in common as well! 🙂 I’m the second child in the family (though of four) and I desire to show Jesus’s “firstness” first and foremost. I love acting, singing, writing and art as well! And I liked English way more than Math.
How many stories have you written? (or books:)) Do you have a favorite genre?…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy: Hehe, I was looking for that topic, but I couldn’t remember where it was. 🙂
@Daeus: Thanks! So how do you develop characters?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@gretald
Maybe…
Pet peeves
Where they like to spend their time
Who they like to hang out with (or whether they like to be alone)Yeah, my brilliant ideas…lol. 🙂
-
Greta and
Rolena Hatfield are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
Honestly, I don’t develop my character’s that way. Don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad. If you like to ask questions though, try these:
Does this character keep tend to keep their thought to themselves, or express them openly?
How do their general life circumstances affect their disposition?
How do they respond to praise?
How do they…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
Allow me to redirect you. 🙂 To that place in the link right there. 🙂
-
Greta started the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
OK, I know that I posted a topic about this before, but I have another question about characterization. So what are some questions that I could ask to help develop a character? I thought of one–what would the character do if he/she won a million dollars–but do you all have any other questions that would help to develop characters?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magical swords…and stuff in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh! And Zar’roc, if you remember it— Brom’s sword from ‘Eragon’. Pretty cool.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hey, writers! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy
LOL Yeah, some people don’t like English…I personally find it fascinating. 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Magical swords…and stuff in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Sting. Anduril. Excalibur. Orcrist. Glamdring.
Mirlon. Navrilnon.
Just kidding about those last two— they’re mine. 😉 😛
I’ll let you know if I think of any more.
-
Hope Ann started the topic Magical swords…and stuff in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Ok, magical swords. Kirin, my realm leaper from (currently, though the title isn’t set in stone) the New Fantasy Times is researching an article on magical swords and telling the truth behind the legends. I don’t know if it will exactly be satire, but it will have a sarcastic tone. Anyway, what magical swords, or otherwise unbreakable or glowing…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic er….hello sweetie in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Doctor Who! Love the show, though I’ve only seen the new ones. Oh, and welcome to the bestest and most random writing forum in the world. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Wow I just created a world and now I want to share it with you! in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy yes I decided I wanted a change and then Sven got to my nose so I had to change. I’m not sure what kind of flower it is either. I took it at a butterfly enclosure at the zoo and I think the butterfly flew and I got the flower instead. I don’t know, I might change soon again. Not sure it’s quite what I want. *I’m too fussy for my own…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic er….hello sweetie in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Wow, nothing but the whole nine yards for your work, eh Chloe?
And I must say that’s quite a bit of… fandomness! 😉 I’m a Hobbit/LotR fangirl as well. And the Princess Bride! Love that movie!
I’m afraid my list of fandoms is not nearly so impressive as yours, but I think that’s because I’m too picky for my own good… 😛 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hey, writers! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 7 months ago
Oh no! Not an English kid!
😉
Actually no, there’s nothing wrong with being an English kid. In fact, it gives you a significant advantage over… people like me.
I still hate English with every bone in my body. 😛
But a love for English is a very good way to start off your career.
- Load More
