@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Greta replied to the topic Limericks in the forum Poetry 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy, thanks for starting the topic! Limericks are so much fun. 🙂
My name is Johnny Bill,
My best friend’s name is Jill,
I changed my mind,
Don’t like her kind,
Now Jill I’m gonna kill.That was a little morbid…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Limericks in the forum Poetry 10 years, 7 months ago
Hahaha… hilarious guys, all of them are hilarious.
And yes @Adry_grace, I can definitely see how that last one was ‘Eustace inspired’. 😉
It’s fun, isn’t it?
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Following Orders in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Thanks, @kate-flournoy! 😀 Yeah, they were both really fun to write with. 🙂
Here’s the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9RBL2p2J_NNVZXMjRvSHFka0U/view?usp=sharing
Fair warning…it’s a little long. But it’s still really fun. 😛 -
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Limericks in the forum Poetry 10 years, 7 months ago
I might not be very good at this but here goes:
Three little bugs and a bee,
Were sitting, one day, in a tree.
The bee tried to sting them,
And soon they de-winged him,
Leaving the bee in the tree. -
Greta replied to the topic Limericks in the forum Poetry 10 years, 7 months ago
There once was a girl named Joy,
Who hated ev’ry little boy,
So all little boys,
Made lots of noise,
And tried Joy to annoy. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Following Orders in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Ha… this is great. 🙂 😀 😉 😛 Archie is probably my favorite character— I’d love a link to the rest of this, @writefury.
You did very well capturing Horatio’s over-serious nature and Archie’s grin— I love that grin. I could perfectly see both characters (and Captain Pellew) in this situation. Love it. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Limericks in the forum Poetry 10 years, 7 months ago
Okay, let’s have some fun with words here. This is the only set ‘style’ of poetry I was ever able to understand and remember, and I’ve had quite a bit of fun with it over the years.
Limerick. It’s incredibly easy even if you have no ear for poetry at all— the form is like this:
There was a young hopeful named Sam
Who loved diving into the… -
Daeus changed their profile picture 10 years, 7 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic i has a question in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
If you want to put up a work for critique by the forum members, you can post it under Short Stories > Short Story Critiques. If you want to post a novel excerpt for critique, you can post it under Fiction > Novel Critiques. There’s also a critique section for poetry.
If you just want to submit a short story or poem to be read,…[Read more]
-
Greta posted an update 10 years, 7 months ago
@adry_grace, I love your profile picture! 😀
-
Thanks @gretald!!!
-
-
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Aww, I feel for you. 🙁 It’s always so hard to have to sit out…especially once you’ve gotten the theater bug. 😛
Wow, Beth in Little Women! I’ve always wanted to do that one. 🙂 And Marian in Music Man and Beauty and the Beast! My family and I are going to see the broadway version of Beauty and the Beast soon. 😀 Seems…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I kept seeing that as yahovel, as in YA fiction.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
That’s really cool. I think I’m probably an ENiFeJ. I like being specific like that.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@daeus It’s supposedly determined by the same test. But I think research is a better way. I mean, going by functions, I’m an ISFJ, but if I go by simply preferences, I’m an ESFP. So it’s a little wonky. 😛 Actually, this site has a list of the types with the functions: http://www.25quiz.com/type-descriptions
-
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic Following Orders in the forum 10 years, 7 months ago
Okay, so this is actually fanfiction.
*waits*
You’re still here? *whew*
Anyway, this is fanfiction of the Horatio Hornblower A&E series, set during the Napolionic (I didn’t spell that right) wars. And though I’m using characters that are not my own, this is one of my favorite things I’ve written.
Only it’s rather long. I’ll put up an…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@writefury Huh, that’s interesting. I’ve never heard of that. How does one decide which of those they are?
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@daeus It’s sort of a different way to look at the test. Going by function stacks with Introverted and Extroverted Feeling (Fi/Fe), Introverted and Extroverted Thinking (Ti/Te), Introverted and Extroverted Intuition (Ni/Ne) and Introverted and Extroverted Sensing (Si/Se).
For example, instead of an ESTJ preferring Extroversion, Sensing, Thinking…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Characterization help…again in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
@writefury I’m not sure what you mean by cognitive functions? Is that the second stage test thing?
-
Rosey Mucklestone posted an update 10 years, 7 months ago
I dreamed about being knocked out in a high speed car chase the other night. Upon waking up (inside my dream) my first thoughts were: “Oh sweet! Now I can write about this sort of thing accurately!”
And then I actually woke up.
Dangit. - Load More
