@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Ingrid replied to the topic KP 404 in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 7 months ago
I got the same thing when I clicked on my name…
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic KP 404 in the forum 10 years, 7 months ago
Hey @rramm, just thought I’d give you a heads up that there’s a glitch in the system— when I click on my name it takes me to a 404 error message, and I just clicked on yours to make sure I got your tag right and I couldn’t reach that either. No rush— just letting you know there’s a problem. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Feedback Wanted. in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Also you say I asked Arthur which should be I ask Arthur. 🙂 And a little later in the last paragraphs you change completely into past tense. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Feedback Wanted. in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Also you say I asked Arthur which should be I ask Arthur. 🙂 And a little later in the last paragraph you change completely into past tense. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Feedback Wanted. in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
@adry_grace
Very good! I did notice a few places where you switched from present to past tense. At the end of the second paragraph, you say I got up clumsily. Also you say we weren’t not sure which I assume means we aren’t sure. But anyway, great job!!! -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Following Orders in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Thanks, @kate-flournoy! 😀 I had that idea right after finishing the gingerbread part. I was just “YES I NEED TO DO THIS.”
Yay! I’m so glad you liked it, @jadamae! I love it when non fans still like the fanfiction. 🙂 Still, you should watch the show. 😛 -
Greta replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@rolena-hatfield, It is a lot of fun. We actually have performances for the True Story of the Three Little Pigs this week! 😀
My favorite musicals are Les Miserables and Wicked. Do you have a favorite musical/show? Ooo, Mary Poppins! That sounds like fun. 🙂 -
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus your comment made me chuckle. Seriously, that is EXACTLY something my dad would say (and has said). 🙂
@hope, I don’t think there is anything wrong with purchasing said dagger. It does depend on what kind of money you have to spend on fun things like that. For me at the stage of life I’m in now (i.e. scraping pennies off the ground to add…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic MBTI in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
Well, maybe the test was right. I looked at it again and I can see it now. Not certain, but I think it could be. He came out as an ENTJ. …Welp…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Sorrow and Death in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
If it a sacrificial or maybe redemptive death, trick your reader with the possibility the character might escape death or at least have them think about what life could be if they did. Focus on what they are giving up more than the death itself.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Newletters in the forum Publishing & Platform 10 years, 7 months ago
Sounds like some good stuff @hope
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic MBTI in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
*slowly raises hand* I’m an S. That’s my most solid preference, actually. But I only know like one other S type writer, so your pattern is a thing, @daeus. 😛
-
Ingrid and
Levi Pierpont are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Depends on savings and income stream. Could be a nice thing though my guess would be that it would eventually end up on a shelf somewhere. Consider that for the same amount you get about 200 people to visit your opt-in page with the draw of a free book. Assuming the opt-in page is attractive, that might register into 100ish subscribers = worth…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Newletters in the forum Publishing & Platform 10 years, 7 months ago
An update on what I’m doing with my newsletter in case anyone cares.
1. I’ve changed the name to a much more catchy ‘Legend Seekers’ (verses ‘Writing in the Light Readers’)
2. I’ve worked on switching the focus of my newsletters to things fantasy readers would find cool; humorous tips in case you are caught away into a magical land, scenes…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Umm, what does everyone think about spending $50 on a really cool, fantasy-looking dagger? To be clear, I have not bought said dagger. But I’ve seen it a few times and my fingers are itching to wrap around the ivory handle and trace the sharp glinting blade…ok, so that’s a tad dramatic. 😉 But, not that this is a super important question or that…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Sorrow and Death in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@hope Ooops! At least I didn’t tell you who it is. You are going to love Dreamlander.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Sorrow and Death in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Good points, everyone.
And no more, @Daeus. I. Am. Reading. Dreamland! And now I will try to forget that someone is going to die and hope that, this time, everything will turn out right.
-
Daeus replied to the topic MBTI in the forum Characters 10 years, 7 months ago
Is there anyone on here who is an S instead of an N? I’m noticing a pattern there. Makes sense actually.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Following Orders in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
I finished it @writefury— lovely. *grins widely* That last line was perfect. 😉
- Load More
