@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
I would agree that it would go better without the “typewriter”.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
Second the motion, @jadamae. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer
Great poem! I love it…Dust and Ink is a very creative name. 🙂 -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@gretald *falls on knees and begs pardon for the very delayed reply* Favorite musical… *taps chin* What a very difficult question! I just might have to say Cinderella (for now 🙂 ) I just saw the traveling Broadway version and absolutely loved it. It definitely competed for my former favorite, Beauty and the Beast. Runner up is Seven Brides for…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay— DARN! MY COVER’S BEEN BLOWN!
@overcomer— So, basically, when you post this thing, tag the three of us in your post and we’ll get you started on the critiques. 🙂
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Two thumbs up for this idea!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Battle Power in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
@gretald That’s not a bad idea…except the bad guy’s army won’t know he’s dead. At leas, they won’t see it, so I don’t think that will work. I want something more than common fleeing.
And yes, @Kate-Flournoy, it is a spear. (A SPEAR, EVERYONE, NOT A PEAR) And it’s too late to go back and edit the post. ;(
The horn, hmm. Possibly, though for the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Battle Power in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
@gretald That’s not a bad idea…except the bad guy’s army won’t know he’s dead. At leas, they won’t see it, so I don’t think that will work. I want something more than common fleeing.
And yes, @Kate-Flournoy, is a spear. (A SPEAR, EVERYONE, NOT A PEAR) And it’s too late to go back and edit the post. ;(
The horn, hmm. Possibly, though for the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Battle Power in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
Hey, I recognize this! 😉
And…
the bad guy as an ancient pear which doesn’t break.
*strokes chin with faint twinkle in eyes* I’m trying to imagine Keros fighting with an ancient pear that doesn’t break… or better yet, Keros as an ancient pear that doesn’t break. I think I’m failing. *cue hysterical laughter* That was supposed to be has a…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic How to Create Good Conflict in the forum Plotting 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy, Ah! Thank you for clearing that up! I was getting confused between personal character goals and the main story. So now that I think about it, in my WIP the main story goal is to defeat the bad guys, like you said, but the MC’s goal is to find love. The MC is an orphan, and she’s had a pretty bad life so far…so her goal is to…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Battle Power in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
@hope, I’m not sure if this is what you’re thinking, but here’s an idea: when the battle between the MC and the villain is over and the villain’s men find out that their leader is dead, they could just run. That’s usually what happens at the end of battles…the men are really fighting for their leader, and when the leader’s gone, they’ve got no…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
“It was brilliantly constructed,” Gavin continues,”I remember you asking me if I wanted to give it a try. I said I would. And I did.” His voice trails off, and then we adds,”worst decision I ever made.”
I shift my weight from one foot to the other. “What happened then?” I ask.
Gavin stares at me. “All I remember is swirling colors; when I woke up,…[Read more] -
Hope Ann started the topic Battle Power in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 6 months ago
So…I need some help. Or at least I wanted to see if any of you had ideas.
Basically, I’m trying to figure out the climax of a fantasy I’m writing. The main good guy and main bad guy are battling it out in underground caverns while a battle rages outside. While there isn’t magic in this story, there is ancient power/the Prince’s power. The MC…[Read more]
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years, 6 months ago
-
BlueJay started the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Right. Here is an idea that @daeus had. And I figured it deserves its own topic. Here is his idea:
Here’s an idea. Maybe those of us that have this problem (being distracted and not writing) could log in and holler out to see if anyone wants to write with them for a certain period of time. If anyone is available, then they could both do it t…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
That’s quite impressive. I don’t imagine I would pass very well as Tinker Bell though I might be able to sleep long enough to pass for a koala.
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Dirk Lobber was a man with a perpetual scowl. Perhaps he might have wanted to smile, but the scars on his face made it impossible. They tyrannically kept his lips in a sardonic twist. There was an eye patch over his left eye and he walked on a wooden leg. When he spoke in his surly tone, three gold teeth glimmered obnoxiously in the sun or (which…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! And HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA some more. Oh, Daeus you do make me laugh. Next week I’ll probably look different yet again. They do say “A change is as good as a holiday.” Now, I’ve been made to look like Peter Pan, Aladdin and a pirate (all boy roles I may point out!) But I have never been made to look…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay Well that’s fair since I wouldn’t have put it down to you to look so strikingly like a koala. I’ll tell you, that’s some serious cosmetics. Do they do that type of stuff in the Australian salons? I’m pretty sure our’s don’t – not that I’ve ever been to one.
Here’s an idea. Maybe those of us that have this problem could log in and holler…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Block. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
*looks up obnoxious in dictionary* Oh, so that’s what it means. I wouldn’t have put that to you.
Yes!!! I’m not the only one. Phew, now I don’t feel so bad. Deja vu! I’ve heard that call for Heeeeeeeellp!! so many times.
And how do we fix them: We find what the distraction is and get rid of it. The TV, internet, etc… (Boy that would be hard. 🙁 ) - Load More
