@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Hey, ya know KPrs looks a lot like keepers. Maybe we could be the KPrs of the realm of the pen. Sounds like an order of warrior monks. We could all wear hoodies and swords and walk around saying “grace, peace, and high word counts to you my brother”.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Haha, we were posting at the same time. Yes, it’s really good. We should do it again tomorrow, around the same time. (Actually I won’t be able to do it in the morning, {for me} maybe the afternoon {for me})
Yes, I think it worked. My fingers have never flown so fast. 😛 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus How did you go? Believe it or not I finished a first draft on a new short story. I’ve called it ‘A Ticking Bomb.’ It will be interesting to see what the rest of my family (mainly my mum who is my editor) think of it. It was fun to do though. 🙂
It’s kind of weird to think that two people who have never met and live on opposite sides of the…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay Wow! A whole hour and I didn’t hardly get off track at all. I think that worked really well. Do you think it worked? I’m going to have to do this more often. I think it’s just that accountability factor.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus me too. Good luck! 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay Here I go!!!!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus. YES! We made contact. Yeah I can do that. (Which story should I work on???) 😀 This is going to be interesting. Three minutes to go….two minutes to go…..
-
BlueJay replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay Sure, I’m available if you’re able to do it. How about from :45 of this hour to :45 of the next.
-
Daeus replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay That’s a good question. What we do know is that people in that time had a higher IQ, better genetics, and lived much longer than we do and so could accumulate a huge store of knowledge. Hence, it is only logical to conclude that the preflood world was highly advanced, but probably advanced in different ways than we are today. At the same…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Other Picture Prompt Entries in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
The fog drifted silently through the trees creating ghostly objects. The rider sat motionless, only his moving eyes revealed that he was alive. Every now and then his horse shook its mane and the jingle of the metal parts of its bridle resounded in the silence. Suddenly the horse jerked up its big head. The crunch of snow under heavy feet could be…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Yep that would work. I could even mention a check list here. Thank you. 😀 😉 And “check” would work.
So glad you enjoyed it. It is definitely one of my favourites. 😀 -
BlueJay replied to the topic I'd love your help with this poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Thank you all. I have pretty much figured out what to do. Do you think that (based upon Disney Aladdin) would they have had stalls/shops like that in Noah’s day? I have no idea how to find out. What are your views?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I’m available if anyone wants to write with me? @anna-brie, @daeus, @lightningmouse
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
“I believe, young sir, that those miniscule chips of stone you just purloined from the tree stump belong to me.”
Kaden frowned up from where he was making a small rock circle, “Nuh-uh!”
Gillespie raised an eyebrow and leaned forwards with his hands clasped behind his back, “Then would you care to explain how they came to be in your…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I’ve always been a KPer myself.
-
Rosey Mucklestone started the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
This might be a relatively short-lived topic, but it’s worth having.
So, what should we call ourselves? One Year Adventure Novel people are OYANers. Are we KPers? Are we Knights of the Kingdom Pen? Are we Pen Wielders? Warriors? Rangers?
Anyway, thought that might be a delightful dilemma for everyone.
Maybe we can even have knighting ceremonies or…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic The Art Topic in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 6 months ago
@sarah-h FYI, I searched “Christian cover-art forum” and KP was not in the top five result pages. Did not look farther.
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Question About Submissions and Sharing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I think I can put all of this debate to rest and say yes, you are allowed to post your writings here before submitting them for publication on the main site. In fact, this is encouraged! Write your story or poem or what have you, get some feedback, fix it up, and then email it to us!
Posting your works-in-progress on the forum is not considered…[Read more]
-
Haley Long and
Hannah Carmichael are now friends 10 years, 6 months ago - Load More
