@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I like to pretend I can sometimes. xD I’m sure you’d put me to shame. 😉 What about “Speaking in Staccatos”? Or do just Staccato? Or do you have any ideas involving staccatos? xD I’m kinda thinking along the lines of ____ Staccatos, so maybe an adjective or a verb. Or something. xD Clearly I’m horrible at decision making.
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I like to pretend I can sometimes. xD I’m sure you’d put me to shame. 😉 What about “Speaking in Staccatos”? Or do just Staccato? Or do you have any ideas involving staccatos? xD
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A letter for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
So let’s get some guys onto this topic. *Stares hard at them* I’m stuck. 🙁 And I’m dying to find out how my story ends. HELP!!
@aratrea
@dbhgodreigns
@lightningmouse
@levipierpont
@markmcguire
@daniel-leinad-thompson-2-2-2
@reaganramm
@warrioroftherealm -
BlueJay replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Whoa! I LOVE that idea. @spradlin. I love sing Staccato. It is really fun and uses a lot of tummy muscles. Do you sing? I do. I’m in the soprano range which is very special. (I just have to remember to practise.)
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes! That helps a lot! This reads like a ballad that a bard would sing in a tavern. 😀 I love it!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Hey, who says you can’t be willing to die for frozen raspberries @Daeus!?!? Why else do you think they say ‘to die for’?
😛
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy Very punny. ;D But yeah. Darn. I agree. *continues to think*
@bluejay Ooooo. I like Sticky Notes. 😀 What if I called it “Staccato” and then had the metaphorical explanation of writing notes that stand out/are different? Or something with staccato? Or is it reaching again? xD
-
BlueJay replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Sticky Notes.
Notes of Harmony
Whole Notes
Notes from a Composer
(So those above involve music. I’ll see if I can think of some different ones later) 😀 -
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 6 months ago
“I am only one;
but still I am one.I cannot do everything,
but still I can do something.I will not refuse to do something
I can do.”-Helen Keller
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A letter for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
No. Re-phrase it should be nearly 8pm not 7pm.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A letter for my story in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus It’s tomorrow. 😀 No, it really is. Even though the time has flown by, it is definitely tomorrow. Plus we have just end day light savings. (Or started. I’m not sure which one.) So when I post this it should be nearly 7pm over there.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Hm, yes @spradlin… though that might more denote (get it? Denote? *sigh* Okay, that was really bad) a… community for sharing noteworthy thoughts than a blog of just one person’s noteworthy thoughts.
I don’t know… thoughts?
Yes. I did just use ‘thoughts’ way too many times in one paragraph.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Ah— gotcha @Daeus. Thanks so much.
Yes, I know what you mean… it’s funny, but I’ve tried over and over and over to poeticize (like my made up word? 😛 ) about an object, but for some reason I can only do it about really deep thoughts. Concepts, if you will. Like with this one, I wanted to take the word ‘love’, which is so commonly misused…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy LOL!
What about “Say Something Noteworthy”?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
WAIT WHAT NO @SPRADLIN REALLY??? I can’t imagine why… 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy Is toil a one syllable word? Well then, I suppose I meant use a softer word.
What I meant by “replacing ‘cruel’ with ‘and’…” is basically, “The winds of age and fate and fill in the blank together racked and shook him.”
I think part of my problem with long poems is what my poems are about. They tend to be about objects, or though…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus “Hey, ya know KPrs looks a lot like keepers. Maybe we could be the KPrs of the realm of the pen. Sounds like an order of warrior monks. We could all wear hoodies and swords and walk around saying “grace, peace, and high word counts to you my brother”.” All I’m gonna say is this is beautiful and it should be a thing. xD
Also just want to…[Read more]
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus “Hey, ya know KPrs looks a lot like keepers. Maybe we could be the KPrs of the realm of the pen. Sounds like an order of warrior monks. We could all wear hoodies and swords and walk around saying “grace, peace, and high word counts to you my brother”.” All I’m gonna say is this is beautiful and it should be a thing. xD
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic We need a name in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
All I’m gonna say is this is beautiful and it should be a thing. xD
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic HALP! (Blog Titles Are Literally the Worst) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy LOL! Yeah, I kinda figured as much.
Ooooooooo. I really like “Noteworthy Musings.” Definitely getting closer. 😀 It has a pun. I am a huge proponent of puns. xD
- Load More

Awesome quote, Tessa! Helen Keller was an absolutely amazing person. 🙂
Thanks Greta. Yes, I absolutely agree with you. She was extremely amazing. I sometimes wonder if I would have been able to copy with it all.
That is so powerful!
Thank Ingrid. It’s great encouragement to me.