@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Peace be multiplied unto you. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
In as much as it is always nice to have someone else around and in as much as the art topic hath suffered grave seclusion, I do welcome you.
I’m afraid I’m not an artist really, but I think its pretty cool stuff.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer No, that’s a separate book. Though I do have a sequel to Rose of Prophecy in the works as well. The rough draft is done and I’m currently working on editing. 😉
@Daeus I can relate. I’ve done that several times with a book of mine, then added about 2/3 to the length, then rewrote it again, and now I’m reworking the last part again! The…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Emergency beta reader situation (HELP!!!!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
@ivy-rose Yes, I got it, though I didn’t see it until you mentioned it. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Ink/ calligraphy in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Tell me about mistakes and ink. *Grrrr* But…that’s right…great job.
Argh, forgot the tag for the last lot. So I’ll tag you now. @david. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Pencil/ charcoal drawing and shading in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
*Speechless* This is also amazing. Wow David. You really do have a talent. Keep it up. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is so amazing!!! Seriously. 😀 I have not used acrylic. (But I do know how hard it is to use due to fast drying.)
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Now I do not like the dark. But I was sick of appearing a wimp before Gavin. As I follow, as close as I can, I study the back of him. What was he before we can here? Had he been my boy-friend? I shake my head. I didn’t have them.
“Oh wait,” I squeal.
Gavin whirls around. “What?”
My fingers rub my temples. “You’re…you’re…my…brother?”
“Is that…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I don’t know if anyone is still up. (Stupid daylight savings; I don’t get as much time with you guys now. *Sob sob sob*!) But if anyone wants to tag and write with me I would welcome you with open arms. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Peace be multiplied unto you. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
Peace be unto you too. 😀
Wow! That was impressive for someone who isn’t a writer. (I’m not sure I could have written that. 😛 )
Welcome to Kingdom Pen, David.
How long have you been doing art? I have always doodled, but just recently I have taken up art lessons with my sister. (She being my teacher.)
I have done a dingo in oils and I’m about to…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I’m not a discouraged writer, but I’ve got an interesting situation with this novella of mine. I wrote it, loved the plot, and then figured out I needed to seriously improve the writing. Now I’m keeping the plot and totally rewriting it. Seriously, I’m completely rewriting the majority of it. I’m so glad it’s a novella and not a full-length…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Emergency beta reader situation (HELP!!!!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
@ivy-rose I love editing stories! Send it to me right away.
You can contact me here: http://www.thescratchingquill.com/contact/
-
Ivy Rose replied to the topic Emergency beta reader situation (HELP!!!!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
@dbhgodreigns Mostly little grammar mistakes, punctuation, fluidness…that type of stuff. Also, any general feedback on the story would be most appreciated.
@Hope, yes, it’s Clara’s Story. Did you get the email I sent yesterday?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Emergency beta reader situation (HELP!!!!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
Ah, yes it is. I’ll get moving on it. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Emergency beta reader situation (HELP!!!!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
Is this Clara’s Story? I’m pretty sure it is…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I’m working on procrastinating right now, which is going really well thus far . . .
That made me laugh.
One of the things keeping me going as I mull over the climax of my book is the rush of exhilaration I know I’ll get when all the pieces finally sift together. I just wish it would fit together SOON.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic It's Just a Little Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
No, it was genuinely helpful @overcomer. Even if I didn’t end up using any of the corrections (which I am— I’ll probably do what you suggested with the shattered shield and snapped bowstring) it makes me step back and look at my work in new ways, which is always good.
Yes, I have written the story— my WIP, actually. Or more like a WIE—…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Oh, I’m having plenty of fun, actually! All those character introduction scenes I had a blast with starting out? I get to do ’em all again! 😛 And improve them!
I. Love. Working. With. My. Characters. It’s probably the number one reason why I write. 😀
-
Ivy Rose started the topic Emergency beta reader situation (HELP!!!!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
I really hope this is the right place to post this question…if not, so sorry.
I managed to get myself into a lovely situation of forgetting what month it was (don’t ask how) and forgetting that my intended release date for my first book is coming up VERY QUICKLY. In my mind, I had 4 more months to get this book ready instead of the actual 2…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic It's Just a Little Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
Thanks, @overcomer. 🙂 I really appreciate your meticulousness. 😉 I’ll definitely take all those corrected lines into consideration.
Yes… I had so much fun with this poem, because it was special to one of my main characters. His mother used to sing it to him when he was little— scared of the dark and of thunderstorms. Near the climax of the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Ooh, nice topic! I can just ramble without worrying about whether or not I’m being coherent… COOL!!!
Right now I’m working on mopping up the mess of a beginning my WIP has… or had, would now be a more accurate word. It was really, really, really slow and rambling getting started, so I’m working on streamlining it and pushing it off strong on…[Read more] - Load More
