Peace be multiplied unto you.

Home Page โ€บ Forums โ€บ General Site Info โ€บ Start HERE โ€บ Peace be multiplied unto you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David
    @david
      • Total Posts: 20

Inasmuch as my sister Sarah has informed me that the art section of this forum has been suffering from a noteworthy lack of interest, I have taken it upon myself at her recommendation to join myself to this forum for the purpose of rescuing that aforementioned suffering section. I must needs inform you that I am an artist, not a writer, and will therefore be of little help during discussions dealing with the latter topic. Nevertheless, I shall be willing and eager to freely converse with those of you who possess artistic inclinations. Although I have never attended a regular art school, l have by the grace of Almighty God succeeded in creating a number of relatively realistic depictions. I find great delight in oil painting, but I generally resort to using colored pencils due to their simplicity. I also have moderate experience in working with acrylics, ink, graphite, and water colors. If there be any among you that have read my profile, you will be acquainted with the fact that I am zealously affected by Young Earth Creationism, Zionism, and the pursuit of holiness; I will be more than willing to discuss these topics with any of you who find interest in the same.

BlueJay
      @bluejay
        • Total Posts: 1622

Peace be unto you too. ๐Ÿ˜€
        Wow! That was impressive for someone who isnโ€™t a writer. (Iโ€™m not sure I could have written that. ๐Ÿ˜› )
        Welcome to Kingdom Pen, David.
        How long have you been doing art? I have always doodled, but just recently I have taken up art lessons with my sister. (She being my teacher.)
        I have done a dingo in oils and Iโ€™m about to do a rhino in colored pencil. (It is going to be a big piece.)
        Well, I look forward to the art section being saved from โ€œThe nothingโ€ ๐Ÿ™‚

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

In as much as it is always nice to have someone else around and in as much as the art topic hath suffered grave seclusion, I do welcome you.

Iโ€™m afraid Iโ€™m not an artist really, but I think its pretty cool stuff.

๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

Iโ€™m an artist! Welcome to the forum, David! I do oils, acrylics, watercolor, graphite, ink (to a small extent) and digital art. I prefer acrylics, though oils isnโ€™t too bad either. Itโ€™s just they take for-ev-er to dry!

I hate colored pencils. ๐Ÿ˜›

Greta
            @gretald
              • Total Posts: 450

Hey, David! Welcome to Kingdom Pen. I love painting and drawingโ€ฆbut especially painting. Watercolor and acrylics are my favorite mediums. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rolena Hatfield
              @rolena-hatfield
                • Total Posts: 405

Hurrah, Hooray an artist! A glad welcome to you David! You should post some of your work so that we may thoroughly admire it! Do you have any other hobbies? Or is art your all consuming past time?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Rolena Hatfield
                @rolena-hatfield
                  • Total Posts: 405

Oh. hehehe. I see you have already posted some of your work.

https://rolenahatfield.com/

David
                  @david
                    • Total Posts: 20

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome. I have been busy all day and have not been able to check the forum until now. In response to Tessa, I have been teaching myself how to do artwork ever since Daddy got tired of drawing me space shuttles when I was four. Although I do artwork often, it is not an all-consuming pastime, and my other hobbies include making model airplanes and whittling. I agree that acrylics are easier to use because of their convenient drying time, but oils are so soft and easily( though ossasionally annoyingly) blended. I hope to post more pictures as soon as opportunity offers.

Sarah Hoven
                    @sarah-h
                      • Total Posts: 669

Greetings! I apologize for my unparalleled tardiness in welcoming you to this amazing forum.
                      Iโ€™m so glad youโ€™re finally here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >