@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
…someone behind Gavin and me. And I recognize the voice.
“What are you looking for?”
I turn around. It’s the woman from the room with the long table. She looks angry, like we’ve done something wrong.
“We’re not looking for anything,” says Gavin, glancing at me. I hear a voice in my head—his voice, which is crazy. But I remember that he e…[Read more] -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 6 months ago
“What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” ~Romans 8:31
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 6 months ago
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 6 months ago
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Peace be multiplied unto you. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
Oh. hehehe. I see you have already posted some of your work.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Peace be multiplied unto you. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
Hurrah, Hooray an artist! A glad welcome to you David! You should post some of your work so that we may thoroughly admire it! Do you have any other hobbies? Or is art your all consuming past time?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pencil/ charcoal drawing and shading in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Ooh… that dolphin is gorgeous.
I find that when I work with pencils it’s more to sketch out a rough, quick idea than actually finish a polished piece of art, so most of my pencil drawings are pretty messy with a lot of unnecessary lines just marking out where I want things to go if the drawing ever translates into a painting. But the few…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
I use acrylic— I actually prefer it to oil just because I work very fast and in many layers, which is difficult to do with a slow-drying paint like oils. Oils I like because they don’t change colors (whereas watercolors fade and acrylics deepen) but for quick paintings I prefer acrylics.
I love the colors in that painting, @David. I also like…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ink/ calligraphy in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Nice— yes, ink definitely has its problems. 😛 It’s kind of like woodburning— have you heard of that, @david? Basically you take a really hot metal pen and burn a drawing or words into wood. It’s really fun, and the end results can be awesome if you know what you’re doing.
-
Greta replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
I’m standing in what appears to be a tomb–except there aren’t any bodies. Thank goodness. The room is circular, lined with stones the size of me, and I’m tall for my age. At least, I think I am. But then again, I can’t really be sure since I don’t remember anything. Anyway, the stones are huge. I look up at the ceiling and gasp again. The…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer, Just what I need! A club where I can complain about my writerly problems and procrastinate all the more. 😉 😛 (just kidding)
-
Greta replied to the topic Ink/ calligraphy in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Another awesome drawing! @david
-
Greta replied to the topic Pencil/ charcoal drawing and shading in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Those are amazing drawings!!! @david
-
Greta replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Wow, @david. That is a BEAUTIFUL painting!
-
Greta replied to the topic Peace be multiplied unto you. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
Hey, David! Welcome to Kingdom Pen. I love painting and drawing…but especially painting. Watercolor and acrylics are my favorite mediums. 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Emergency beta reader situation (HELP!!!!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 6 months ago
That looks really neat, @ivy-rose! I’d love to beta-read. 🙂 my sister and my email is sugarandspicedrops(at)gmail(dot).com
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Pencil/ charcoal drawing and shading in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
@david
I love the dolphin!!! *shakes head in awe* -
Ingrid replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
@david
THAT IS AWESOME!!! You rock!!! 🙂 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Peace be multiplied unto you. in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 6 months ago
I’m an artist! Welcome to the forum, David! I do oils, acrylics, watercolor, graphite, ink (to a small extent) and digital art. I prefer acrylics, though oils isn’t too bad either. It’s just they take for-ev-er to dry!
I hate colored pencils. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer, @hope is going to hate me for saying this, but she let me read the first draft of Rose of Prophecy’s sequel (cuz I do her cover art), and let me just tell you, you are in for a real treat.
- Load More
