@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
!!!!!!!! What do you know! It worked! 😛 😛 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
The sky doesn’t look too terribly blended to me, @david. 🙂
My thing is, I can tend to stress too much about details, and my paintings end up looking kind of crowded. I tend to ignore the forest for the trees, you know what I mean? I think that also explains the tendency I have to over-describe things in my writing. 😉Here… I’m going to try…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pencil/ charcoal drawing and shading in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Birds and fish, @david? Ugh. *shudders* I cannot draw either of those to save my life. Awesome for you that you enjoy them! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
The most painful, I think @aella (and what I’m having to do now as I edit 🙁 ) is cutting characters completely and totally out of the story. It’s not the same as killing them— it’s like you get to know them, and then you’re just like ‘Sorry, you guys have to go because… whatever’. And then they’re gone. Boom. Just like that. Nonexistent. Not…[Read more]
-
Lightningmouse replied to the topic Help! I have a nameless poem! in the forum Poetry 10 years, 6 months ago
Oops, I forgot to say, really cool profile pic, @lightningmouse ! 🙂
Thanks 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I looked, and it seems like 8:30 in the evening for me is something like 10:00ish in the morning for you. Would that work for you? It would be nice to do that on a regular basis.
@daeus Yay! Thank you. I don’t know if I would be free everyday (I do lots of chores around the house) but I would definitely try and be free. Would you like to write now?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Thank you. Praying buddies are the best thing in life. If you want I could get @spradlin to send you my personal email so we could send prayer request to each other if you want. Don’t have to. Just an idea. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Thank you. Praying buddies are the best thing in life. If you want I could get @spradlin to send you my personal email so we could prayer request to each other if you want. Don’t have to. Just an idea. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Oh yes, @aella, the dragons are the WORST!
And yes, I know characters don’t like being killed off, believe me. Villains especially. The worst part of it is when you go back and edit— and technically they’re already dead, but you’re having to work with them again while they’re still alive and able to complain about what you did to them at the…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer, This is definitely the “lounge” for me–complaining and procrastinating are my specialties. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Staying Interested in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@hannah-c I can see how just cool names wouldn’t keep you motivated. Perhaps there is an opportunity there though for you to find some motivation. Character is what is really important, but names mean a lot to character. You might want to just set all your daydreaming aside for one day and dedicate it to dreaming about all the unique character…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Staying Interested in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
What made you love it in the first place, @hannah-c?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Other Picture Prompt Entries in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus
Creeeeeppppyyy…but very well written. Nice job! -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Pencil/ charcoal drawing and shading in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
I like pencil drawings. I don’t draw too much, but the other day I sat down and drew one of my settings from one of my stories. It wasn’t as impressive as in my mind, but I still enjoyed it. 😉
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Great Job on the solid concentration! I’ll have to work on that. 🙁
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
That’s awesome @rolena-hatfield. I love having sudden inspiration.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Opps I guess we posted at the same time! I was working on a novel that’s been in progress for a year now and I had a sudden inspiration for one of my plot problems yesterday.
I’m a moderately slow writer so 588 words isn’t bad for how many times I was interrupted by family needs. (well maybe they all weren’t needs, my brother made up a joke and of…[Read more] -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Opps I guess we posted at the same time! I was working on a novel that’s been in progress for a year now and I had a sudden inspiration for one of my plot problems yesterday.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus Well I got 588 words out on paper. How’d you get on?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Solid concentration and half a chapter edited. What were you working on @rolena-hatfield?
- Load More
