@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy Of course I like your donkey. *so cute* and I love your sheep too. His wool looks really curly, which is great. And I love Joseph too, and the colours, and EVERYTHING!!! Great job Kate. 😀 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you visit the US Air Force Museum and spend your entire time wandering around reading the plaques about the pilots instead of looking at the airplanes. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Staying Interested in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes @anna-brie and @hannah-c and @faithdk, don’t be too hard on yourselves starting out. Don’t be afraid to acknowledge your mistakes, but don’t be afraid to keep writing either. The only way to write better is to keep writing, no matter how terrible your first attempts are.
Seriously guys, my first attempts… heh-heh… to call them junk would…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
@bluejay you seem to be an animal lover— do you like my donkey? 😉 😉 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes, that was one of the reasons I dropped watercolor for oils and acrylics. It took for-ev-er to get enough layers to make shadows and textures realistic. So glad you like the painting @David! 😀 Here, let’s see if I can get another one…

This one is a classic example of the difficulties of doing vibrant watercolors— notice how streaked and…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pencil/ charcoal drawing and shading in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
People. Beyond a doubt, people, which is odd, since I have trouble drawing them as well as I can draw some things. But what’s so fun about people is that no two are alike— I love trying to capture their personalities in paint almost as much as I love trying to capture them in words.
I do love humor, as well, though I seem to be better at…[Read more] -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I can work with that most days.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
BTW 10-10:30 etc is my time. 8-8:30 is your time. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes @anna-brie Monday (America) is Tuesday (Australia)
@daeus would it suit you to do 10-10:30AM (8-8:30PM) each day? (if it works out and we have time) Or 10:30-11AM (8:30-9PM)? That’s when it would best for me, and if I know I can plan my day to fit. 😀 -
Anna Brie replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I’m having trouble with deciding if giving the maid a full story line of her own is a good idea. And then there’s the fact that she doesn’t begin as the maid, so I’ll need someone else for that job and I’m tired of naming people.
What’s fun is not knowing who’s going to die and who’s going to end up on which side and who the heroine will marry. -
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Now Monday is Tuesday morning in Australia right? I’ll write then too.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Staying Interested in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I’m struggling with my own story a little bit right now. Partly because I just don’t feel like my writing skills are quite up to it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Alright, got a chunk of work to do. I’ll probably be working for an hour or so. Let me know if you’re on.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@sarah-h Thank you. It is appreciated. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
No problem at all. *After all, we still have lives to live.* 😀 We can just play it by ear. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Umm, @bluejay, this is terrible, but I just realized I actually can’t do it tomorrow.
If I’m available Monday (which I should be) I’ll let you know
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Yes, can try tomorrow. And that’s alright, I’m out of the house too. (I’m at my brother’s house) 😛
*drink my medication; yuck!!!* Ohhh, that last mouthful was awful. *blah* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Staying Interested in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Yep, @Daeus got pretty much everything I was going to say. 😉 So… yeah. What he said. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
So 10:10am (my time) is 8:10pm (your time). Just so we know. @daeus
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@daeus it’s ten o’clock here if you want to write now…
- Load More
