@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay haha! I’ll not copyright it! Besides, even if we all wrote a story from the same idea, they would all turn out so different it would be incredible 🙂
And I just found this written on a piece of paper I keep in my little stack of papers of stories I never wrote…
Once there was a tale of an old ship which sunk and over time the sea…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic Things I'm learning in my self-edit in the forum 10 years, 5 months ago
Howdy everybody,
So I’m working through a very intense self edit of a novella I wrote and I thought I would just share some lessons I’ve learned.
First of all, it can take a while away from your work to help you see it with clear eyes. I had glaring problems in my writing style that I couldn’t see why I was writing it, but when it was all…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Hearty hello to you @christi-eaton! Glad you have you a part of the forum!
I’m trying to think of a really creative get to know you question… but I’m not getting anything more creative than what’s your favorite animal? :p (animals are so fun!) Do you have any pets? -
Daeus replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@sarah-h You ever read Structuring Your Novel? I bet that would help you. Of course, there are a gazillion books on plot. That’s the only one I’ve read, but it’s pretty good.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hahahaha… not quite that impressive, I’m afraid. 😉 I will! Thank you for the invitation! 😛 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hahahaha… not quite that impressive, I’m afraid. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, well there you go! We answered each other. We’ll be trying to do this most every week day, so join in whenever you want
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Adios Tessa. I’m sure you’ll think of something.
@kate-flournoy Thanks for joining me. I’m pretty happy – 750 words edited/rewritten. What did you do, write 20,724 words?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
1,113 words, @Daeus. You?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Alright @daeus I’m off. *Writing hasn’t been forth coming so I’ll stop now.* So I really didn’t get much done. 🙁 *Grr I need to think of a good idea to write about.* Think, think, think….
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
It was an attempt to do a fairy tale spin off by putting Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel all in the same book as sisters. Their parents left on a journey and their evil uncle tried to take over the throne
Is this copyright @rolena-hatfield?
@kate-flournoy. That’s dreadful… *cries tears of sympathy* -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay I’m going till 9:15, but it’s totally cool if you just want to go till 9.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus I’m here now. Are we going to go till 11am (9pm)?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus awesome. I’m on. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Hey hey! Jump right in. How about till 9:15?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I am— when do you want to write till?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay You open tonight?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello everyone! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
WELCOME, WELCOME AND THRICE WELCOME, FELLOW WORD-WIELDER! *extends arms dramatically* New additions are always welcome here in the bestistist place on the internet. *glances wryly at previous posts* I see others have preceded me in informing you that this is, in fact, the bestistist place on the internet, but HEY! It can’t hurt you to hear it…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes @rolena-hatfield, that would be awesome… man… thanks a lot, I so did not need that idea! 😛 Another villain idea for that gem-oriented world would be to have a class of people called ‘hornfels’— a hornfel is what you call a mineral so weathered and beaten that the mineral becomes extremely hard. 😉 Yes, I know; that was a rather obscure…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Tales Untold in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy A pearl for the villains. I wasn’t quite expecting that. Then I thought “that’s a good idea”. Just imagine a couple who’s first child is born with a pearl. What would they do? Hide him till he grew up and they could hide him and his gem no longer? I won’t tell you to write it now cause I know how it is to be working hard on my…[Read more]
- Load More
