@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Welcome to KP, @Vanna! The bestistist place on the internet! I love your name, by the way. Is it a pen name, or really yours?
Wow, we sound really similar in our interests! What kind of fantasy do you write— more like wonderful medieval/LotR stuff, or the really awesome, really weird, really… weird portal/time-travel/science-y stuff? I love…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ink/ calligraphy in the forum Art 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooh, that’s a lovely tortoise @David! Do you like working with geometric forms like that better, or just winging it however it flows? 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer I’m streamlining and rewriting the plot of my newest WIP—seven chapters down, one hundred and eight left to go! 😛
-
Rolena Hatfield posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
“The first draft is just you telling yourself the story.”
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer
I’m revisiting old friends that were pleading to have their story told. I’ve been ignoring them for a while. :p It’s middle of the Renaissance time and so far I’ve been calling it The Duretish Name.
I’m working on chapter one right now and trying to see which old ideas with fit with the new ones. -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer
I’m revisiting old friends that were pleading to have their story told. I’ve been ignoring them for a while. :p It’s middle of the Renaissance time and so far I’ve been calling it The Duretish Name. -
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@overcomer You mean you’re developing a villain? That sounds fun.
I’m wrapping up my Edwin Brook novel. Three more chapters to go and they’ll be the best ones yet. I’m excited.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Thanks @anna-brie. Do you want to write tonight? Maybe 6-6:30?
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay don’t call short stories less advanced. It’s just different skills. The ability to take a simple idea and present in in a small number of words. I wish I could write stories, but I can never come up with ideas,that will fit in that length.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@reaganramm have you been to Legoland yet?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Story by a Seven Year Old in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@the-happy-bookaholic that is very sweet and adorable. It was much better than my first story. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Story by a Seven Year Old in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
the-happy-bookaholic that is very sweet and adorable. It was much better than my first story.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, good @bluejay. It looks like I was pretty lazy just now, but I think if I press on a little bit I can finish this chapter.
Carry on!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ve gotten 453 words done @daeus. That’s 947 words total. 🙂 I’m very please with that. Thanks for writing with me.
@anna-brie Are you wanting to write some time today? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
That’s great @daeus. 🙂 See you whenever! 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay Well actually, I think I will write some more. Don’t know for how long, but we’ll see.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay Yep. It’s the bestistest sport in sporterdom. Bows are really neat, but you don’t have an opponent (for obvious reasons). Swordplay is just incredibly dynamic. Quite a mind game and it requires great exactness. Fantastic exercise too. Wish I still did it.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
If anyone else is interested I’m still writing. Probably for an another half hour. @kate-flournoy, @faithdk, @daeus (if you’re still interested.) @rolena-hatfield
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus 494. You use to do fencing??? Wow! I have always wanted to do that. Either that or learn how to use bow and arrows.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay Well, I don’t have a whole lot to show – 444 words – but as my fencing coach used to say, “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.”
- Load More

How true. How true. For me though, that draft is often finished the same time I complete my second draft. 🙂 I know, really bad of me, but sometimes I just don’t know where the story is going and let it take me to infinity and beyond. It can be kind of fun watching your story go in a way that you, yourself, could never have imagined. It’s kind of…[Read more]