@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope Yeshhhh… it’s going to be interesting. 😛 The goal is to cut it down to below a hundred by the time I’m done rewriting, but who knows if that’ll pan out.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooh yes… this happened to me with a minor character @vanna.
I literally had zero inkling he existed when I started the book— then I realized I’d need someone to fill the role of a judge, and when I walked in on his first scene he blew me away. He’s one of the deepest, subtlest, most complex characters in the story, and I didn’t even know he…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh— and HUZZAH!!!!!!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Wow, this is the fastest growing topic I’ve seen for some time! 😛 Three pages already!
@vanna I write fantasy, and in the future sci-fi. 🙂 I also do more of the medieval stuff, and this is really weird but I’m also working on drawing setting inspiration from cultures besides Medieval Europe! What a small world it is!
Let’s see, as of right now…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you imagine your characters in a scene, subconsciously copy their facial expression, and then have your family ask why you’re angry, sad, ect.
This. So. Much. This. @Vanna I do that when I’m reading, too. 😀
You know you’re a writer when you read about a move in a fight scene, think it might be unrealistic, and…[Read more]
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus: Sadly, I don’t own the book – but now I’m motivated to grab it off the library bookshelf, carry it home in triumph, grab a cup of tea and read till midnight.
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay: Is your profile pic Kara Killmer from Beyond the Mask? *squeals* I love that movie and her!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@hannah-olsen Same here. I really want to read it again to analyze all the masterful writing techniques and also just to say hi to old Edmond again. Maybe we could do a book club on it.
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@andry_grace: Thank you!! 🙂 Yours is awesome too!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay Oh, that’s a good idea. Maybe I won’t have to write the ballad after all.
-
Hannah Olsen replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus: I thank you… *dramatic curtsy* It was one of the few books that actually made me cry while reading. *sigh* It’s been years since I’ve read it. Too long… I’m started to crave it again. 🙂
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@vanna *shoves ear plugs into ears and yells over all the happy huzzahing* “Hello! Welcome to Kingdom Pen Forum!” *realizes no one is shouting huzzah anymore* 🙂
Have you finished writing a book as of yet?
I’ve only read the first book in Goldstone series. Heartless I believe it’s called. Which is your favorite in the series?
Glad to have you here! -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@vanna *shoves ear plugs into ears and yells over all the happy huzzahing* “Hello! Welcome to Kingdom Pen Forum!” *realizes no one is shouting huzzah anymore* 🙂
Have you finished a book as of yet?
I’ve only read the first book in Goldstone series. Heartless I believe it’s called. Which is your favorite in the series?
Glad to have you here! -
Hope Ann replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy 108 chapters left to go? Oh dear… 😉 And I thought correcting fifty some chapters took awhile.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you lay in bed at night and can’t decide if you want to mull over a retelling of Robin Hood for a family movie, or a retelling of a fairy tale for your novella…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic @random person in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes…I think it’s half an hour and then you can’t edit the post anymore. I’m not sure why it’s like that, but it is.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
You know you’re a writer when your sister asks you for a quick hug and you tease her by saying (as the hug continues) “This isn’t a quick hug, this a medium hug. Oh now it’s a long hug, now it’s a novel hug.” 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@faithdk Alright. I’ll fit her in there somewhere. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
*takes ear plugs and continues yelling*
- Load More
