@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*Shakes hands like Wallace when he sees cheese* Climaxes!
I tend to bite off more than I can chew, then spend enormous amounts of time fixing it up and streamlining it.
Hey, you should memorize one of my fencing teacher’s favorite sayings, “Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.”
-
Daeus replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh my @vanna, that Beryn sounds like quite a hysterical piece of trouble.
-
Daeus replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
@vanna This does happen to me occasionally. It’s pretty neat when it does. My current MC (Edwin Brook) actually came from a previous story idea I had that just kept morphing until it turned into the very distinct and much more dynamic story I am writing now. I really don’t think I could think of the two characters as the same. I also had my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*happy sigh* I don’t know about you, but I love climaxes no matter how long or short they are. It’s so nice when they’re done. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy *Coughs* well actually, my climax is more like three chapters including the last one. This is the first chapter of the three climatic chapters. From a technical point of view, the next chapter is what actually includes the climatic point, but all three chapter are pretty climatic.
A five chapter climax sounds wonderful.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus awesome. Believe it or not, the climax for my current story actually spanned about five chapters. 😛 So you’re off to a good, manageable start… which is something I struggle with. 😉 I tend to bite off more than I can chew, then spend enormous amounts of time fixing it up and streamlining it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus awesome. Believe it or not, the climax for my current story actually spanned about five chapters. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Literally just finished. I think this will be my longest chapter yet. It’s kinda the climax so no big surprise.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus 1,031 words. Did you finish outlining your chapter?
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
I was trying to create some background characters. I had a picture of a friendly girl with black hair and the name Jemimah came into my mind. It didn’t fit the setting though, so I changed it to Mima. Now she’s a redhead named Mim. Initially she wasn’t related to anyone, then she was Red Rob’s daughter and then Elind’s daughter and now her…[Read more]
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
I was trying to create some background characters. I had a picture of a friendly girl with black hair and the name Jemimah came into my mind. It didn’t fit the setting though, so I changed it to Mima. Now she’s a redhead named Mim. Initially she wasn’t related to anyone, then she was Red Rob’s daughter and then Elinds daughter and now her…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@anna-brie Kate and I are writing for the next fifteen minutes.
-
Anna Brie replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay Sorry I couldn’t write with you yesterday. I had a lot of things to do and had to go out in the evening.
Today though, I could really do with someone to write with. Any time really could be fine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
All right, I think I’ll be good till then as well. 🙂 See ya! @Daeus
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy 8:00 sounds good. I’ll probably go till more like 8:45 though. It’s a tricky chapter to plot.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Okay… 8:00 @Daeus? I just need to know that someone else is working with me, otherwise I’ll get distracted and not get much done, so it doesn’t really matter what you’re doing. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy. I was just about to do some outlining. That’s not exactly writing, but it’s something.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Luck dust? Hey, I didn’t know there was such a thing. How handy! 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy *sprinkles luck dust all over your book*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
- Load More
