@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hope Ann started the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
So, I’ve been thinking (always a dangerous pastime, I know). When writing allegory, it’s fairly easy to represent the Father and the Son as the great King and the Prince. But the third person of the Trinity is normally neglected; probably because it’s so hard to figure out what to do. What are your thoughts on how to represent the Holy Spirit, in…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I have this thrill right now. This didn’t really happen to me so much with my novella, but I just completed my 35 chapter novel. Boy, it feels good. I think I need about 300 lb. of frozen raspberries to celebrate.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes, @kate-flournoy, Characters, characters, characters. They drive the story; some things happen independently of them, but it’s there reaction which keeps the story moving.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald Nice. I got 331 plus a little break to research
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald Nice. I got 331 plus a little research
-
Greta replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I going to stop for now. I got 572 words of a new short story written. Thanks for writing with me! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I going to stop for now. I got 579 words of a new short story written. Thanks for writing with me! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald Ok. Good. See you then.
-
Greta replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I’ll join you for a bit…say, until 2:30?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, good @bluejay. I guess I forgot to do our fifteen-minute thing, but I did get some writing done.
By the way @anyone, I’m planning to write now, so join me if your up for it.
-
Greta replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes, I agree with this so much. {Or, as @spradlin would say “gives many thumbs up.” 😉 } Great point about the smallest personality traits affecting the character’s decisions.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Agreed! Spot on, @kate-flournoy. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’m back @daeus *waves eagerly* I didn’t get as much writing as I had wanted to, but I got some stuff down on paper. I’m unsure how many words as I was using a pen and I’m not about to count. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic poetry writing together in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
This is AWESOME. You guys have done so much since I was gone. It’s looking great. *Stares into the distance and dreams of mango*
@daeus @faithdk @kate-flournoy -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus humph. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, well, I’d agree. Don’t have much to add.
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
They should be. I heard that for the longest time. And for the longest time I thought I was getting it.
Turns out I wasn’t.
Dear fellow KeePers, I’m here today to tell you what that thing really means.It means the characters drive the plot.
Well… what does that mean? It sounds simple… but it’s not.
Ultimately, it means that your…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus, thanks so much for critiquing it! 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald Ok, I finally got to this. I like it. You did a great job with improving the “showing” stuff.
-
Greta replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Thanks for reading and critiquing it, @kate-flournoy! 🙂
- Load More
