@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Thanks Bluejay!
By the way, I’m so glad you recognize that “bestistest” is a word. : -
Hannah R. started the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hi everyone,
Recently I wrote an allegorical novel in which Jesus and all His angels are portrayed as dragons. And after I wrote all of this, I started thinking. Dragons are never used in the Bible as “good guys,” and in fact represent Satan sometimes. Here’s my question: should a dragon be used to represent Jesus?
Here are my thoughts:
Thought 1:…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic poetry writing together in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
‘I hammered into Google
‘Christian writing teens’;
It brought me to this awesome site—
The website of my dreams.Excitedly I clicked the link,
And had a look around.
I eagerly perused the forum
And squealed at what I found.I made myself a member
Without a second thought
Sometimes that ends in trouble
But this time it did not…’First we ate ic…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ha! I just read my first chapter and my last chapter. *choke, cough, laugh* Yeah, I’ve come a long way.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello @his-instrument
Welcome to the bestistest place on earth. *Yay, I’m first. Sorry a bit of a competition to be the first to say that*
All I can write are short stories. Novels are too long for me. I’m not sure I have any hints other than read lots of short stories to get an idea on how to fit a long plot into few words. 🙂
Anyway WELCOME. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello @his-instrument
Welcome to the bestistest place on earth. *Yay, I’m first. Sorry a bit of a competition to be the first to say that*
All I can write are short stories. Novels are too long for me. I’m not sure I have an hints other than read lots of short stories to get an idea on how to fit a long plot into few words. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello @his-instrument
Welcome to the bestist place on earth. *Yeah, I’m first. Sorry a bit of a competition to be the first to say that*
All I can write are short stories. Novels are too long for me. I’m not sure I have an hints other than read lots of short stories to get an idea on how to fit a long plot into few words. 🙂 -
Hannah R. replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hi Hope Ann!
I love allegory, and I totally understand what you mean– I often struggle to portray the Holy Spirit in allegory as well. I like the idea of a wind and a voice, or maybe even just a voice, accompanied by a tangible, but not visible, presence. (For further inspiration on this idea you might want to look at 1 Kings 19, when Elijah is…[Read more] -
Hannah R. started the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Hi everyone!
I’m new to Kingdom Pen, so I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself (and to say thank you, Greta, for telling me about this site!). I’ve been trying (note the word “trying”) to write novels for five or six years, but I’ve only recently gotten to the point where I can remain somewhat satisfied with a completed story for…[Read more] -
Hannah R. changed their profile picture 10 years, 5 months ago
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
When King Darius signed the law that anyone who prayed
Be cast into the lions’ den, then Daniel undismayed,
Knelt down to pray three times each day, a window open wide,
Although some jealous men were watching him outside
They hurried to the palace court in wicked, spiteful glee,
Demanding that this favoured prince should pay the penalty.Then…[Read more]
-
Hannah R.'s profile was updated 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope. Thanks. I might try that. They really do taste just perfect by themselves though. I normally blend my frozen strawberries with milk and maple syrup. *sneaky little laughter* Goooood
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy. That’s awesome that your editing is coming along so well. I know with my novella I felt much better about it after I edited it, and that was just the first round. It’s comforting I can give it a third or a fourth round or even more until I’m satisfied. I find that as long as I haven’t been to engrossed in my story recently, with…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy. That’s awesome that your editing is coming along so well. I know with my novella I felt much better about it after I edited it, and that was just the first round. It’s comforting I can give it a third or a fourth round or even more until I’m satisfied. I find that as long as I haven’t been to engrossed in my story recently, with…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Congratulations @Daeus! It feels so wonderful getting a novel done. Also, I highly recommend throwing some of those raspberries in a vita-mix with yogurt and grinding it up into a frozen fruit shake. I’ve tried it with strawberries and it is delicious!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’m like wow. This is over. That’s awesome. That’s terrible. Wait, it’s not over. I’ll probably be editing for months now.
Hahaha @Daeus that was exactly my reaction when I finished my latest. 😀
Wow, so you like plotting? That’s an enormous plus… I’m kinda bad at that myself. Characters are definitely the highlight for me. And daydreami…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Thanks. I’m like wow. This is over. That’s awesome. That’s terrible. Wait, it’s not over. I’ll probably be editing for months now.
What was my favorite part? Why the hard questions?! Well, probably plotting, because plotting is a strong point for me and it’s really neat whenever I make a big breakthrough there. And then there’s writing the…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus Awesome!!! Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus CONGRATULATIONS!!!! *throws rainbow-colored confetti, screams with excitement*
I know that thrill very well. 😀Careful. You might turn into a frozen raspberry yourself if you eat that much.
So what did you most enjoy about this experience— your first full novel, wasn’t it?
- Load More
