@faithdk
Active 7 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 139
-
Daeus replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Have fun
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hm… I’m not exactly sure, actually @Daeus… I always got the impression the Holy Spirit was more of a justice/judge type… Your definition definitely does seem to fit better. It’s not a huge theological cornerstone of mine or anything. 😀 I’ve not even studied a lot on it. I’m going to be once I get to where that actually gets important to my…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
huh @kate-flournoy, why the Holy Spirit as judge? I tend to think of Him as a teacher/companion type. “My Spirit I leave with you …” “He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all things …”
I would think of the Son as the Judge. It says something about that somewhere. Humph. Why can’t I think of that passage? Oh well. It’s…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I think that would work since dragons are not evil by definition, just association. The problem though is still the association. That isn’t a huge problem, but still something to consider. I don’t think you want to recreate the dragon, but you will want to pick the traits of a dragon you like and really hone in on those and try to diminish or…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hm, for my allegory (yes, I do allegory as well, what a small world it is! Hahaha… 😉 ). I don’t go very deeply into the actual physical character of the Trinity— a voice in a whirlwind would probably be the closest I’ve come at this point to actually giving God some ‘screen time’. (That sounds awful…) 😛 Mostly it’s theory— urgh, no,…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald I’ll tell you what is on the back of the book.
Nick Allen – Troublemaker?
Nick says no. He just like to liven things up at school, that’s all – and he’s always full of great ideas. And when Nick learns something interesting about how words are created, suddenly he’s got the inspiration for his greatest plan ever…
Who says a pen has to…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oooh, good topic @his-instrument! I have one thought that I think sums it up pretty well— ‘By their fruits you shall know them.’
Do your dragons save? They are then portrayed as saviors, not evil pagan gods. Do they devour? They are indeed evil, though not necessarily pagan. It is what they do, not what they are, I think. It’s one of those…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oooh, good topic! I have one thought that I think sums it up pretty well— ‘By their fruits you shall know them.’
Do your dragons save? They are then portrayed as saviors, not evil pagan gods. Do they devour? They are indeed evil, though not necessarily pagan. It is what they do, not what they are, I think. It’s one of those amazing things you…[Read more] -
Ingrid replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@his-instrument
Hello, Hannah! (I don’t know if you remember me but I was at TeenPact, too. We sat together for breakfast on the last day. 🙂 ) Anyway, welcome!
“Words have great power, the power of life or death, and we have the gift and privilege of being able to use them for life.” This blew me away! Preach it, girl! 😉 -
Greta replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay No, what’s it about?
-
Greta replied to the topic poetry writing together in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooo, I like it. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@his-instrument Hi, Hannah! 😉 So glad you made it on here. 🙂 As @bluejay said, this is the bestiestist place on the internet.
-
Greta replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@his-instrument Hi, Hannah! So glad you made it on here. 🙂 As @bluejay said, this is the bestiestist place on the internet.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Welcome to KP @his-instrument! It’s so awesome to meet other writers excited to write for The Kingdom! What genre do you write? What genre do you most enjoy reading?
-
Hannah R. and
Greta are now friends 10 years, 5 months ago -
BlueJay replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Okay so here I am to post the book just like I said I would.
@daeus another book to consider is Pen. Well, actually Frindle, but that’s what it means. Great book.
Has any one else read it??? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
*Looks up “bestistest” in he dictionary. Gasp! It’s not there*
That makes me think of the book called Frindle or in other words Pen. Great book. I’ll go and suggest that as a future book to discuss. -
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
*cough cough* Well you see “bestistest” is just so bestistest that you can’t deny it access to the dictionary.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@his-instrument I never knew it was a word until I got on KP. *Gasp, all those poor people who aren’t here, probably don’t know it’s a word*
@daeus 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@his-instrument Hey, if you know Greta, you probably live in my state. Go Ohioans!
What story are you working on now?
I actually write a lot of short stories (I also write longer stuff too) and endings is one of my favorite subjects. I should start a new thread on endings. That would be a good topic.
@bluejay. Wow. You beat me. Fair and square.
- Load More
